Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Thanks for clarifying but that then begs the question - if you upgrade to the latest LMS why does Audio:Scan not get updated at the same time?
    Ref @mherger's post here:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1054680

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Thanks.
    Makes total sense now.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

CORE32 OS & Documentation?

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    Hi all,

Hardware wise there will be no more CORE32 production in the foreseeable future. Nowadays the supply of components is unpredictable and as a small company there is now way to compensate for that. So what we are planning to do is releasing the operating system as a free download that can be used with every Intel or Raspberry Pi 3/4 based solution. Also we will add some basic documentation for how to build your own version from scratch.
    We have put countless hours into developing the system and it would be a shame stretching the release cycles because of missing hardware.

Thanks,
    Philip.
    Well, I guess that ends my intent to switch to a CORE32-based solution, which leaves me with the Rasberry Pi approach, on which it's based. Will there be some sort of announcement when the OS download is made available, or other documentation is released? I figure I may as well install the CORE32 OS to start with once I get the Pi.

Quote Originally Posted by WJK59 View Post
    Well, I guess that ends my intent to switch to a CORE32-based solution, which leaves me with the Rasberry Pi approach, on which it's based. Will there be some sort of announcement when the OS download is made available, or other documentation is released? I figure I may as well install the CORE32 OS to start with once I get the Pi.
    No, you would be much better off installing PiCorePlayer (aka PCP) which includes LMS on the Pi.
    PCP is much better supported and is kept up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by WJK59 View Post
    I have a CORE32 doing nothing.

UK only.
    Offers?
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
    Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
    Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 3xRPi, 1xCORE32, AVI DM5 speakers