Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    What he said, without the Vortexbox part
    Comments noted. We will issue an update very soon

Thank you for your patience

---

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    Comments noted. We will issue an update very soon

Thank you for your patience

---

Bob
    This is dragging on and on, not only has the initial delivery date not been met, but the "final" price has been hiked from £145 to £175, plus postage = ~ £182, quite pricey for what you get, (no power supply).

For that sort of money you could buy 3 x Raspberry pi 3B+, 3 x SD Cards, 3 x decent cases, and 3 x power supplies, better specs, and able to run LMS 8.2.0, and use Network storage for your local files.

And it's trivial to install piCorePlayer on a Pi, a semi-illiterate billiard ball could do it, no Linux skills needed whatsoever.

Name:  £145.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  86.4 KB

Name:  £175.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  59.3 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

The Pi advocates sound more and more like American right-wing evangelists

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    The Pi advocates sound more and more like American right-wing evangelists
    I do have one of these overdue & over-priced Core32's on order, just killing time making a few comparisons whilst waiting.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Again, no relation with PolyVection, but please keep in mind that when you do 100's of devices, the cost has nothing to do compared to what you have when you do millions. For example, my SqueezeAMP costs me 65$, really. Should somebody do 100,000, it would probably cost 3 times less *at least*. PolyVection needs to pay for their time, equipment and people. In addition, there is an insane semiconductor shortage happening and prices are going crazy, when you can find parts (I'm now seeing some 52+ weeks lead time)
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Again, no relation with PolyVection, but please keep in mind that when you do 100's of devices, the cost has nothing to do compared to what you have when you do millions. For example, my SqueezeAMP costs me 65$, really. Should somebody do 100,000, it would probably cost 3 times less *at least*. PolyVection needs to pay for their time, equipment and people. In addition, there is an insane semiconductor shortage happening and prices are going crazy, when you can find parts (I'm now seeing some 52+ weeks lead time)
    Totally agree.

The thing was announced on this forum at a final price of €£145.00, at the very least someone at Polyvection should edit that initial post and give a reason for the price rise.

And have the decency to explain why there is a delay in delivering the item.

Wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Totally agree.

The thing was announced on this forum at a final price of €£145.00, at the very least someone at Polyvection should edit that initial post and give a reason for the price rise.

And have the decency to explain why there is a delay in delivering the item.

Wouldn't you?
    We can fully understand the frustration relating to the delay in shipping CORE32 and we will 'do the decent thing' and explain what has caused the delay. However, we would like our next update to be as informative as possible, so please bear with us just a little longer. All we can say at this stage, is that there is a pleasant surprise in store

Having said this, we apologise for this unexpected delay and fully accept that if anybody wishes to cancel their pre-orders for CORE32, they should contact either us or Audiostore directly to so. But it might be worth waiting to hear what we have been up to first

And yes, we will in due course update/edit the original posting

---

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    We can fully understand the frustration relating to the delay in shipping CORE32 and we will 'do the decent thing' and explain what has caused the delay. However, we would like our next update to be as informative as possible, so please bear with us just a little longer. All we can say at this stage, is that there is a pleasant surprise in store

Having said this, we apologise for this unexpected delay and fully accept that if anybody wishes to cancel their pre-orders for CORE32, they should contact either us or Audiostore directly to so. But it might be worth waiting to hear what we have been up to first

And yes, we will in due course update/edit the original posting

---

Bob
    I'm a bit disappointed in polyvection though. it takes a very long time, and when are you going to deliver?

Quote Originally Posted by thekiller View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed in polyvection though. it takes a very long time, and when are you going to deliver?
    We've been down this road and apparently an update giving a delivery date has gone from "very soon" to "in due course".

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    We've been down this road and apparently an update giving a delivery date has gone from "very soon" to "in due course".

Go figure.
    I have a unit on order.
    New products are hard.
    Nothing worse than giving a date and then having to change it. Polyvection did that already once so now they are being careful. Components were harder to get and slower to arrive.

I prefer to have something completed correctly than rushed to meet a deadline set before unforeseen problems happened.