Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
    Last Polyvection activity here was two posts from Philip on 27 September, and that's also the date of the most recent firmware update:
    https://polyvection.gitlab.io/docume...mware_releases

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    No products on their website.
    The products drop-down menu on https://polyvection.com/en/ shows Core32, Digi32 and Dac32.

Quote Originally Posted by ftlight View Post
    Last Polyvection activity here was two posts from Philip on 27 September
    According to Polyvection's profile, last post on this forum was on 21 October, and last activity was on 20 December.
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    The products drop-down menu on https://polyvection.com/en/ shows Core32, Digi32 and Dac32.

According to Polyvection's profile, last post on this forum was on 21 October, and last activity was on 20 December.
    The products are listed on their web site, but if you try to buy one they're all "Out of stock".

I see the October posts, but that's still two months ago, and an update to the CORE32 firmware is way past due to fix issue that were corrected long ago on LMS.
    I sent a PM to ask how they're doing.

If they were active on 20th December they deliberately ignored any questions in this thread.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes, but did you click on one? As @slartibartfast mentioned, there is no stock of anything. This may be due to shortages of components, dunno, but as usual, no explanations, no communication.
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

CORE32 1.4.0 update

Hi there,

no worries, we are still active and working on updates. Like most other companies we were also hit hard by the component shortage which is the reason all products are out of stock currently.
    Some good news is that we could secure enough components for a new DAC32 batch which we are currently assembling.
    If you have any kind of questions or issues please contact us over email for getting a quick response. We are only taking a look at the forum from time to time.

Regarding CORE32. We just released a new firmware version that updates LMS along with all plugins. Also as promised some time ago you can now take a look at the polyOS source code over at our gitlab repository.

We were discovering some issues with our OTA update solution in the past so we disabled that for the time being. Already working on a replacement but for now please download and install it manually. You will find the update file on the downloads tab on the product page. Manual installation is done through the CORE32 menu -> Update -> Install Update manually

Please let us know if you have any questions.

--
    Philip.

Thanks, Philip; successfully updated.

Bill

My CORE32 is still stuck on 1.3.2.

I've used the CORE32 web page to check for OTA and it doesn't find any update.

Is the OTA mechanism still broken & disabled ?

Name:  CORE32.png
Views: 161
Size:  33.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    My CORE32 is still stuck on 1.3.2.

I've used the CORE32 web page to check for OTA and it doesn't find any update.

Is the OTA mechanism still broken & disabled ?
    Need to do a manual update - see Philip's post of December 28th:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1041510

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ftlight View Post
    Need to do a manual update - see Philip's post of December 28th:
    I wanted to highlight the status of the OTA service. It's been broken for a long time.

I know manual update is possible but no OTA updates defeats one of the selling points of the CORE32 - that maintenance was minimal especially as it is a "closed" product where users cannot do updates to LMS.

It feels the product is not getting attention and this is a worry because this product is 100% dependent on Polyvection - unlike say DAC32.