Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sugarcube - Settings clarification

just checking if sugarcube spicefly is for me.
    It's basically working.

But the setting " Restrict Mixing to Genre of Seed Track" does not work.
    Even though i select a Track with Genre "Jazz" and create a mix, other genres are listed.
    Is this a known issue?

Make sure you have it set the "SugarCube Mix Mode" to "Standard MusicIP" and not "Freestyle" on the player config page. I haven't used the genre restrictions, so not sure how well it works.

not well i guess, i have the musicp mix setting enabled.

Check out this thread - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...g&goto=newpost

I asked about settings awhile back, and there are some good examples.

Also, on reply #17, Cparker mentions that MusicIP doesn't deal with multiple genre's, so that may be your issue. (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post962689)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Drown View Post
    Also, on reply #17, Cparker mentions that MusicIP doesn't deal with multiple genre's, so that may be your issue. (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post962689)
    i'm not sure if i quite understand this reference post, as they are talking about multiple genre (per tag?)....
    I always have only one genre per tag and track

This is resolved, was due to selecting a track but then pressing Automix which builds a new mix from the pre-selected filter/genre specified in the Player's Automix settings.
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

DSTM/Sugarcube issue

Not sure where to post this. DSTM works fine with Sugarcube but the moment I change the DSTM setting to another option (Deezer or anything else) Sugarcube remains active for DSTM. I checked the live page of Sugarcube and it is still active serving songs. Only to way to stop Sugarcube is by disabling it on the player settings page for Sugarcube. Is this how it should work?
    Last edited by mvn2009; 2021-03-16 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by mvn2009 View Post
    Not sure where to post this. DSTM works fine with Sugarcube but the moment I change the DSTM setting to another option (Deezer or anything else) Sugarcube remains active for DSTM. I checked the live page of Sugarcube and it is still active serving songs. Only to way to stop Sugarcube is by disabling it on the player settings page for Sugarcube. Is this how it should work?
    Anybody who can clarify on this? Tried contacting the developer but so far without success.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1903 met Tapatalk

sugarcube has it's own "version" of adding things to the queue, listed in the player config.

So if you have
    PlayerConfig->DSTM->Sugarcube=enabled at the same time that PlayerConfig->Sugarcube->Dynamic Queueing=enabled, then you have two things adding music to the end of the tracklist.

At least that's my understanding, I haven't played with it recently though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Drown View Post
    sugarcube has it's own "version" of adding things to the queue, listed in the player config.

So if you have
    PlayerConfig->DSTM->Sugarcube=enabled at the same time that PlayerConfig->Sugarcube->Dynamic Queueing=enabled, then you have two things adding music to the end of the tracklist.

At least that's my understanding, I haven't played with it recently though.
    Thanks for responding, I think you're right about to two settings, disabling the DSTM setting doesn't effect the queueing of new songs by Sugarcube. But changing the DSTM setting to Deezer Flow or other won't effect the outcome either, neither with Dynamic Queueing disabled or not. Only way to get DSTM work other than Sugarcube is by disabling Sugarcube for the player (not very user friendly in my opinion). Maybe in this case it's the same as you mentioned, two mechanismen trying to perform the same. But than it's strange that Sugarcube is an option for DTSM.