Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mvn2009 View Post
    Thanks for responding, I think you're right about to two settings, disabling the DSTM setting doesn't effect the queueing of new songs by Sugarcube. But changing the DSTM setting to Deezer Flow or other won't effect the outcome either, neither with Dynamic Queueing disabled or not. Only way to get DSTM work other than Sugarcube is by disabling Sugarcube for the player (not very user friendly in my opinion). Maybe in this case it's the same as you mentioned, two mechanismen trying to perform the same. But than it's strange that Sugarcube is an option for DTSM.
    I know that the other way around works: If You have an active other don't stop the music plugin and you enable Sugarcube via players, Sugarcube will be preferred. If you disable it your selected don't stop the music plugin will be used.

That is the way I use it: Select your preferred no Sugarcube Plugin for Don't stop the music. You can easily switch between Sugarcube and your preferred Plugin by just enabling or disabling sugarcube for your player. No need to use the Sugarcube in Don't stop the music at all.
    Some background info:

Michael H. has implemented some code for this, line 176 of the don't stop the music plugin:

# don't interfere with the automatically adding RandomPlay and SugarCube plugins
    # stop smart mixing when a new RandomPlay mode is started or SugarCube is at work
    if (
    ( Slim::Utils::PluginManager->isEnabled('Slim::Plugin::RandomPlay::Plugin') && Slim::Plugin::RandomPlay::Plugin::active($client) )
    || ( Slim::Utils::PluginManager->isEnabled('Plugins::SugarCube::Plugin') && preferences('plugin.SugarCube')->client($client)->get('sugarcube_status') )
    ) {
    $log->warn("Found RandomPlay or SugarCube active - I'm not going to interfere with them.");
    return;
    }

Quote Originally Posted by frankd View Post
    I know that the other way around works: If You have an active other don't stop the music plugin and you enable Sugarcube via players, Sugarcube will be preferred. If you disable it your selected don't stop the music plugin will be used.

That is the way I use it: Select your preferred no Sugarcube Plugin for Don't stop the music. You can easily switch between Sugarcube and your preferred Plugin by just enabling or disabling sugarcube for your player. No need to use the Sugarcube in Don't stop the music at all.
    Some background info:

Michael H. has implemented some code for this, line 176 of the don't stop the music plugin:

# don't interfere with the automatically adding RandomPlay and SugarCube plugins
    # stop smart mixing when a new RandomPlay mode is started or SugarCube is at work
    if (
    ( Slim::Utils::PluginManager->isEnabled('Slim::Plugin::RandomPlay::Plugin') && Slim::Plugin::RandomPlay::Plugin::active($client) )
    || ( Slim::Utils::PluginManager->isEnabled('Plugins::SugarCube::Plugin') && preferences('plugin.SugarCube')->client($client)->get('sugarcube_status') )
    ) {
    $log->warn("Found RandomPlay or SugarCube active - I'm not going to interfere with them.");
    return;
    }
    Thanks for explaining, indeed a good solution.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1903 met Tapatalk

MusicIP Request No. of Tracks

Hi there,

a slightly related topic: Where can I permanently fix the value for MusicIP Request No. of Tracks (Number of Tracks to Request from MusicIP)? I have it set to '100' because TrackStat filter out a lot of songs after a while. Every time I restart LMS this value is set back to '10'.
    Probably there is a setting file where I can change this standard value...?

Regards,
    Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by macpac View Post
    Hi there,

a slightly related topic: Where can I permanently fix the value for MusicIP Request No. of Tracks (Number of Tracks to Request from MusicIP)? I have it set to '100' because TrackStat filter out a lot of songs after a while. Every time I restart LMS this value is set back to '10'.
    Probably there is a setting file where I can change this standard value...?

Regards,
    Magnus
    Hi Magnus,

The maximum number of requested tracks was limited to 30 due to CPU constraints back in the day, I've now uplifted this to 100 as of Version 5.25

https://spicefly.com/article.php?pag...ersion-history

Best Regards
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    Hi Magnus,

The maximum number of requested tracks was limited to 30 due to CPU constraints back in the day, I've now uplifted this to 100 as of Version 5.25

https://spicefly.com/article.php?pag...ersion-history

Best Regards
    Great, thank you Charles!

As you are quite active again with updates recently, I'd like to suggest you an additional feature:

In contrast to MusicIP playlists, Spicefly SugarCube only offers the possibility to add one song after another. Also with very restrictive settings for Mix Style and Mix Variety this leads to a dynamic mix but sometimes I'd like to stick to a more similar type of music or call it "genre". To be honest, I don't know how genres have to be defined for MusicIP. I have many files that have multiple genres in the tag and obviously they are not recognized individually by the system. Moreover, there is no reliable source for genre tagging in the web anymore (e.g. like last.fm was). So, I thought you might add the possibility to add more than one file after another, e.g. up to 5 songs which rank high in the list of songs that are recommended by MusicIP. The basis for determing similarity could also be more than only the last song if that is feasible within the framework. I'd really appreciate if you could work this out because I really like the coherency of MusicIP playlists. End of wishlist. 🤭

Best regards,
    Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by macpac View Post
    I'd like to stick to a more similar type of music or call it "genre". To be honest, I don't know how genres have to be defined for MusicIP. I have many files that have multiple genres in the tag and obviously they are not recognized individually by the system. Moreover, there is no reliable source for genre tagging in the web anymore (e.g. like last.fm was). So, I thought you might add the possibility to add more than one file after another, e.g. up to 5 songs which rank high in the list of songs that are recommended by MusicIP. The basis for determing similarity could also be more than only the last song if that is feasible within the framework. I'd really appreciate if you could work this out because I really like the coherency of MusicIP playlists. End of wishlist. 🤭
    Take a look at filters, its a very powerful feature you can virtually slice your library, stack genres together and/or artists or various combinations. Then just select the filter in SugarCube to use.

More detail here; https://spicefly.com/article.php?page=musicip-filters
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Take a look at filters, its a very powerful feature you can virtually slice your library, stack genres together and/or artists or various combinations. Then just select the filter in SugarCube to use.

More detail here; https://spicefly.com/article.php?page=musicip-filters
    Well, yes, this is a way I could choose but as mentioned, meanwhile my audio files are tagged quite poorly. By the way in which tag are ratings stored by MusicIP?

Anyway, the problem with SugarCube + filter would then still be that the next song is always chosen in reference to only the one listened to before, right?

You can use "MusicIP Vintage Mode" setting, if you want multiple tracks loaded rather than one by one, its towards the bottom of the LMS GUI -> Player -> Spicefly SugarCube Page

You can use "MusicIP Vintage Mode" setting, if you want multiple tracks loaded rather than one by one, its towards the bottom of the LMS GUI -> Player -> Spicefly SugarCube Page
    I tried it but all your nice features do not apply to that mode: No blocking of recently played artists, albums and tracks and no reference to TrackStats
    I wish there could be the best of "both worlds". Is it a difficult process to add more than one track from the ordered row that already exists?