Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Know of any examples of an affected app ?
    Radioplayer doesn't play this message

My old Android devices cannot load Sounds and the BBC iPlayer Radio App died in Oct.

I think it may be the following - changes shoutcast stream and ICY stuff

Systems that use our Media Selector APIs on the domain 'open.live.bbc.co.uk', we will be updating these APIs and so no action is required by you.

If you directly use URLs from either of the following hostnames:

1. bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net
    2. bbcwssc.ic.llnwd.net

Then you will need to update to prevent impact to your customers as these endpoints will not work after March 2021.
    and
    Going forward, the BBC considers its use of the ICY protocol deprecated and will keep it operating as long as legitimate usage levels remain high enough to justify doing so. We will continue to track usage and review our strategy regularly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet...e-878ce549108c

A BBC comment on the above BBC Blog entry

Starting Thursday 4th March devices that are still connecting to the old URLs will hear this message once an hour:

"The way your device receives BBC radio programmes will stop working on or after the 22nd March 2021. If you’re using an internet radio or smart speaker, please contact the device manufacturer."

This is to ensure that any remaining legitimate usage is identified and updated.

On the 22nd March, devices will receive a looping message of:

"BBC radio programmes are no longer available on this device. Please contact the device manufacturer for further information."

BBC Radio 3 HD, Radio 4 LW, Radio 5 Live and 5 Live Sports Extra will not play anything in the UK from the old URLs after this date.
    Speculation is this is aimed mainly at Reciva device such as Roberts. This will affect any Squeezebox users playing BBC via mysqueezebox.com

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Know of any examples of an affected app ?
    This is where I lifted the info

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/top...omment=2714151

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    A BBC comment on the above BBC Blog entry

Speculation is this is aimed mainly at Reciva device such as Roberts. This will affect any Squeezebox users playing BBC via mysqueezebox.com

These days I only use mySB.com when my local server is, for one reason or another, down; and that's not very often, not for very long. However, is there a "BBC stream for mySB.com" workround, for "just in case"?
    LMS 8.0.1 (1606118512)
    Win10
    Control: Web GUI; sometimes OrangeSqueeze on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
    a) Livebox 4
    Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), Desktop
    3 x Touch - 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (7.8.0-r16754)
    3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 LAN] (7.7.3-r16676)
    1 x Riva Arena (via Airplay LMS PlugIn)

b) Freebox
    External SSD (all mp3), WiFi Laptop
    1 x Touch LAN (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
    2 x SB Radios, Wireless (7.7.3-r16676)

Quote Originally Posted by agbagb View Post
    These days I only use mySB.com when my local server is, for one reason or another, down; and that's not very often, not for very long. However, is there a "BBC stream for mySB.com" workround, for "just in case"?
    AFAICT - the URLs will change but the services will continue. So if you are hearing message once per hour - it is time to update the URL. I think the change will only affect UK listeners as stream such as R3 HD & 5Live are UK only streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I didn't read it detail but the first post is misleading and it then gets further confused by bringing in unconnected Tune-in blocking issues

IIRC, Currently BBC uses Shoutcast (ICY) for all non UK services and the llnwd for UK only services.

The llnwd services URLS are changing and if users are receiving the message now 1/hours they should change their URL to an "open.live.bbc.co.uk" one.

Depending on Shoutcast usage in the future , BBC seem to say they may stop the Shoutcast services - this means http/MP3 will go and only HLS and DASH remain.

Older internet radio/streamers do not support HLS or DASH and so may have to be replaced in the future.
    Last edited by bpa; 2021-03-05 at 03:10. Reason: add updated URL clarification - open.live.bbc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    We might get a few more LMS users then .

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    We might get a few more LMS users then .

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Quite a few wammers use LMS, also the fishie forum has regular contributors.

Not so many of either forum migrate to here (I do try and encourage them )

ronnie