Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Dropouts: Windows LMS (8.2) and SLX (2.7.17.0)

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED BY CLEAN WINDOWS INSTALL.

Now I need to find the previous program causing the trouble - not much installed, but might be the 3rd party backup software.
    --

Problem: Dropouts at erratic intervals on Windows 10 x64 using LMS 8.2.0 (latest) and Squeezelite-X (2.7.17.0)

System: Win x64 Asus Z370-A 32 GB RAM i7-8700K Clean Windows install; Various recommended audio optimizations to BIOS and Windows tried without resolution; ASIO connection in SLX to RME UFX+ ASIO; RME Fireface UFX+ as DAC, connected to the computer via Thunderbolt.

Investigation: J. River (JRMC) plays the same files without dropout or glitches. With LMS, Latencymon reports various overruns, but not with JRMC. Running LMS on a different network computer than SLX does not fix the problem, so maybe SLX is the root cause??

Comment: I prefer the LMS/SLX/Material Skin interface over JRMC and would like to continue to use LMS/SLX.

Question: are there ways to control the LMS-SLX programs such that they do not create overruns for latency? Process Lassoo would be one example of ways to tame these. Does anyone have a suggestion or experience?

Murray
    Last edited by mtreloar; 2021-03-05 at 11:52.
    Murray
    LMS 8.2.0, Squeezelite-X, Material Skin and Qobuz plugins, on Win 10 x64 v.21H1, Asus Z370-A CPU 32 GB RAM; 500GB NVMe SSD; Daphile players x 3 in other rooms; Musichi for tagging