Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    177

    Is musicip still working?

    Hi,

    i found posts here about people still running musicip, so i thought i will give it a try. Was using it back in the days.....

    But all my music was validated as 0 mixable
    I've followed the spicefly sugarcube FAQs. Without using the plugin though

    was trying on Windows with version 1.8 and 1.9 and with headless docker.
    Neither validated anything to bring up some "green" mixable songs.

    Any hints here?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    Hi,

    i found posts here about people still running musicip, so i thought i will give it a try. Was using it back in the days.....

    But all my music was validated as 0 mixable
    I've followed the spicefly sugarcube FAQs. Without using the plugin though

    was trying on Windows with version 1.8 and 1.9 and with headless docker.
    Neither validated anything to bring up some "green" mixable songs.

    Any hints here?
    Did you embed the MusicIP fingerprints in the track metadata?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Did you embed the MusicIP fingerprints in the track metadata?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    you mean the setting "archive analysis when tracks are analyzed"?

    or do you mean, if i use some tagging software to create fingerprints and AFTER that feed the music to musicip?

    Hmm, found this i n the log:
    Fingerprint failed (mis-execution)

    hmm. this leads to a "solution" to copy the music locally to windows 10, then it works.
    So, this renders the solution with docker useless and actually copying 5TB music to a local disk to copy it back, isn't something i wanna do.
    Last edited by mamema; 2021-02-20 at 02:06.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    you mean the setting "archive analysis when tracks are analyzed"?

    or do you mean, if i use some tagging software to create fingerprints and AFTER that feed the music to musicip?
    Yes if you archive the analysis you should be able to see the fingerprints in the tags.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Yes if you archive the analysis you should be able to see the fingerprints in the tags.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    seems to be something with flac files residing on a remote share. Copying locally fingerprints them. Remotely not.
    Dr. Google is silent about other solutions.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    seems to be something with flac files residing on a remote share. Copying locally fingerprints them. Remotely not.
    Dr. Google is silent about other solutions.
    I have read about issues with analysis over a network. I analyse my files on a local drive before copying them on to a network drive

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I have read about issues with analysis over a network. I analyse my files on a local drive before copying them on to a network drive

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yes, seems to be. In case other people are stumbling into this issue, it has something to to with smb. As, if i map a drive with webdav, the fingerprinting works.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    Yes, seems to be. In case other people are stumbling into this issue, it has something to to with smb. As, if i map a drive with webdav, the fingerprinting works.
    Interesting. Something else I have not heard of . How do you map a drive with Webdav?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Interesting. Something else I have not heard of . How do you map a drive with Webdav?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    depends on your OS. On NAS side there needs to run a webdav service. My Synology has this.
    On client side you can use some tools like Raidrive for example.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Hessen
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    Yes, seems to be. In case other people are stumbling into this issue, it has something to to with smb. As, if i map a drive with webdav, the fingerprinting works.
    How's performance with this? I tried analyzing remote files - it worked but glacially. Probably ntfs via samba, the projected completion was weeks. Working with local files was much quicker (workable). A solution without the need to copy files around would be nice (-:
    Last edited by leadears; 2021-02-20 at 03:58.
    Main room: Transporter -> ifi tube 2 -> Denon AVR 4306 -> Kef iq9
    Kitchen/living room: Pi 1B+ HifiBerry Digi+ -> Cambridge Audio Dacmagic -> audiolab 8000 -> B&W 685
    Late night listening: Touch -> Little Dot Dac_1 -> Little Dot mk3 headphone amp
    Office: IQaudIO Pi-DigiAMP+ -> JBL bookshelves
    Bedroom: squeezebox radio
    IQaudIO Pi-DAC Pro Pi 3B+, Pi 4 LMS and NAS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •