Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    I am (artists only), but my imageproxy.db is only 8MB (even though I've checked " Download and pre-cache artist pictures from online sources"), so I haven't bothered with it.
    Do you have an idea what typical sizes would be?
    Mine is 440Mb - with around 25k artists although not 100% good tags and many obscure artists that probably have no image.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJon View Post
    Re: Re-enabling the sqlite_stat4 table in "Other methods to improve performance" on your LMS DB Optimizer info page.
    Where is Makefile.PL? And is there anything else you need to do after uncommenting the line '-DSQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4' to get things going?
    It's part of the perl module DBD::SQLite's source code, which unfortunately means you have to re-compile it.
    On the plus side, it only takes a few minutes and you get a shiny new SQLite version for free.

Or, if your LMS is running on 32bit Arm or 64bit x86, I could upload some binaries which may work.
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    II did a complete clear and rescan but funnily enough that seemed to take longer. I will have to keep an eye on that.
    I'm moderately confident that the plugin's DB settings do not adversely affect performance (unless the system runs out of memory, but in this case, the DB performance settings shouldn't have been "Maximum" in the first place)
    However, if this persists, the next step would be to determine during which step of the re-scan the slowdown occurs,

There is one side effect I am experiencing. The Control Panel refuses to open. I restarted my Windows 10 PC and tried to open the panel. It opened straight away. I closed it and tried again a short while after and now it refuses to open. Any pointers on this please?
    tbh, my first take would be that it's unrelated to the plugin. However, this should be easy to check; De-activate the plugin, restart LMS, check if it happens again (under the same circumstances).
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    i'm on of those guys willing to throw more RAM on the issue. I'm also willing to test (with you) how much more RAM is really needed to speed up the things. I have 32 GB which are more or less usable. But i also think, there must be a break even point where adding more RAM doesn't help anymore.
    For SQLite: Optimal database cache size is the file size of the database

[Announce] Database Optimizer plugin

> I am (artists only), but my imageproxy.db is only 8MB (even though I've
    > checked " Download and pre-cache artist pictures from online sources"),
    > so I haven't bothered with it.
    > Do you have an idea what typical sizes would be?

Hmm... mine is about 770MB! Pre-caching actually should be using it.
    That's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Mine is 440Mb - with around 25k artists although not 100% good tags and many obscure artists that probably have no image.
    While my library only has ~5000 artists, this still doesn't account for the DB size difference.
    Do you have " Find artwork online during library scan" enabled (I don't)?

Whatever the reason, it seems to make sense to add imageproxy.db to the DB supported by the plugin. I'll look into this for the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I am (artists only), but my imageproxy.db is only 8MB (even though I've
    > checked " Download and pre-cache artist pictures from online sources"),
    > so I haven't bothered with it.
    > Do you have an idea what typical sizes would be?

Hmm... mine is about 770MB! Pre-caching actually should be using it.
    That's odd.
    Indeed.

There is some writing going on, though:
    Code:
    $  ls -hl /var/lib/logitechmediaserver/cache/img*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 squeezeserver squeezeserver 8.0M Mar  4 15:25 /var/lib/logitechmediaserver/cache/imgproxy.db
    -rw-r--r-- 1 squeezeserver squeezeserver  32K Mar  5 07:27 /var/lib/logitechmediaserver/cache/imgproxy.db-shm
    -rw-r--r-- 1 squeezeserver squeezeserver 487K Mar  5 07:28 /var/lib/logitechmediaserver/cache/imgproxy.db-wal
    Any idea how to analyze this?

Nevertheless, I agree, if anyone bothers to invest time in actually benchmarking this, it'll interesting to the see the results.
    i will, as i said, it's pure fun for me.
    As you seems to be very knowlegeable with databases, do you have suggestions to test the performance in a more "scientific" way, than "seems faster"......?
    As i already have a mysql server running and LMS is dockerized, i can duplicate the environment "file based, server based db" very easily.

While my library only has ~5000 artists, this still doesn't account for the DB size difference.
    Do you have " Find artwork online during library scan" enabled (I don't)?

Whatever the reason, it seems to make sense to add imageproxy.db to the DB supported by the plugin. I'll look into this for the next update.
    about 5000 artists also, imageproxy database 470 mb

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    i will, as i said, it's pure fun for me.
    As you seems to be very knowlegeable with databases, do you have suggestions to test the performance in a more "scientific" way, than "seems faster"......?
    As luck would have it, there actually is a benchmark you could use. Will need a bit of configuration for your setup.