Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Force LMS to create 'relative' path Playlists ?

Is it possible to force LMS to create playlists that use 'relative' paths rather than 'absolute' paths?

As a consequence of moving from the Synology NAS LMS 'package' to the Docker based image I can now not share my playlists with the Synology DS Audio application.

On my Synology NAS, music is stored in '/volume1/Music/<artist>'

The LMS Package for Synology would create playlists like:
    Code:
    #CURTRACK 0
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTURL:file:///volume1/Music/The%20Angels/Beyond%20Salvation/01%20The%20Angels%20-%20Dogs%20Are%20Talking.mp3
    #EXTINF:205,Dogs Are Talking
    /volume1/Music/The Angels/Beyond Salvation/01 The Angels - Dogs Are Talking.mp3
    These playlists could be used as-is by both LMS and the Synology DS Audio application.

But, now with the move to the Docker LMS image on the NAS, and the mapping of /volume1/Music to the container mount of /music, the playlists now get created as:
    Code:
    #CURTRACK 0
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTURL:file:///music/The%20Angels/Beyond%20Salvation/01%20The%20Angels%20-%20Dogs%20Are%20Talking.mp3
    #EXTINF:205,Dogs Are Talking
    /music/The Angels/Beyond Salvation/01 The Angels - Dogs Are Talking.mp3

This works OK for LMS (in Docker) - but the native Audio player on the Synology - DS Audio (which I use for external NAS Music access) can no longer use these playlists as "/music" doesn't exist on the NAS as it's the container mount point.
    If the playlists are created in relative path format (eg. ../The Angels) DS Audio all works fine.

Is there a way to force LMS to create playlists using relative paths?

Thanks.

I'd just use `sed` to rewrite the entries, e.g. you could run the following command hourly through cron:
    Code:
    find /volume1/Music -mmin -60 -type f -exec sed -e "#/volume1/Music/#../#" -e  "#/music/#../#" -i {} \;
    (i.e. search folder `/volume1/Music` for files modified less than 60 minutes ago and replace every instance of `/volume1/Music/` and `/music/` with `../` in each file found)

Quote Originally Posted by kidhazy View Post
    Is it possible to force LMS to create playlists that use 'relative' paths rather than 'absolute' paths?
    I don't think so.

but you can either
    - bind mount (or symlink) /volume1/Music as (to) /music on the NAS
    - mount your music as /volume1/Music instead of /music in the container
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...