Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"New Music" is missing (some) new music

I ripped four albums the day before yesterday and copied them in my LMS library. Yesterday, I wiped the LMS cache and triggered a scan. After it was finished, I noticed that only three out of the four albums were listed in "New Music". The "missing" album can be found via search or in "Compilations". It's a compilation, so that's where it should be. But why isn't it in "New Music"? I had the vague feeling before that sometimes not all new albums are listed there but never bothered to check.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

'New Music' relies on the 'Modified' time stamps of the track files. Did you check them already?

Solved: I already had an mp3 version of that album

Quote Originally Posted by reinholdk View Post
    'New Music' relies on the 'Modified' time stamps of the track files. Did you check them already?
    Of course. The timestamp is from (now) three days ago and is amongst the four newest on the server. But I found the problem: I already had an ancient mp3 version of that album on the server. My guess is that this is what got LMS "confused".

But thank you for your reply.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-04-19 at 05:40. Reason: I wasn't done writing, but hey. Let's leave it like that.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Having this problem also

Reactivating this thread. New LMS user here. I had been able to successfully add albums to my library from Spotify and have them show up in New Music on LMS, but now this isn't working. This is what I do:

Go to queue while song is playing
    tap three dots, them select "more"
    select "On Spotify: [album name]
    select "Albums"
    tap album art image, song list opens
    scroll to bottom of song list
    select "Add album to library"
    ** message at top of screen appears: "Add album to library"
    when I check New Music, it is not there. Only albums I added a few weeks ago. Tried with several albums, same result. I do not have any version of this music in my library already, so it's not the same as the OP's problem.

** that may be the problem -- should this say "Album added to library?" Can't recall if it used to say this. Is this a Spotty thing? Re-validate my spotify account or something? (I can't remember how I did that originally... this is the problem with older people who are still fairly tech-savvy but whose memories have gone to crap..!)

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon512 View Post
    Reactivating this thread. New LMS user here. I had been able to successfully add albums to my library from Spotify and have them show up in New Music on LMS, but now this isn't working. This is what I do:

Go to queue while song is playing
    tap three dots, them select "more"
    select "On Spotify: [album name]
    select "Albums"
    tap album art image, song list opens
    scroll to bottom of song list
    select "Add album to library"
    ** message at top of screen appears: "Add album to library"
    when I check New Music, it is not there. Only albums I added a few weeks ago. Tried with several albums, same result. I do not have any version of this music in my library already, so it's not the same as the OP's problem.

** that may be the problem -- should this say "Album added to library?" Can't recall if it used to say this. Is this a Spotty thing? Re-validate my spotify account or something? (I can't remember how I did that originally... this is the problem with older people who are still fairly tech-savvy but whose memories have gone to crap..!)

Thanks.
    Do the new additions appear in your Spotty library? If so they should appear in your local library when the next automatic scan takes place.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Do the new additions appear in your Spotty library? If so they should appear in your local library when the next automatic scan takes place.

Yes, they are in my Spotify library. Per scanner log, it looks as if the library had not been scanned for weeks. Just started scan for new/changed media.

Looks like it is working (New Music is showing spotty albums), but a few more questions:

- As soon as I clicked "Rescan" by "Rescan media library," the dialog box changed from changed/new media (or something like that, can't check now while scanning) to "Clear library and rescan everything" and greyed out. And it looks like it is scanning every folder, slowly, going to be a long time. Shouldn't it just do a faster scan for changes only?

- Can I have LMS scan regularly for changes/additions to library from Spotty? I currently have this setting:
    -"Online Music Library Integration" set to "integrate online library and automatically check for changes"

- If that is not possible, isn't there someplace to schedule scans, so I can automatically scan the library every night? Thought I had that set but I can't find any setting for that now. I have the server on a Mac, and I do see under system preferences for LMS that I have "Look for new and changed media" selected. But no option for automatic re-scanning that I can find.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Carbon512; 2021-03-01 at 14:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon512 View Post
    Yes, they are in my Spotify library. Per scanner log, it looks as if the library had not been scanned for weeks. Just started scan for new/changed media.

Looks like it is working (New Music is showing spotty albums), but a few more questions:

- As soon as I clicked "Rescan" by "Rescan media library," the dialog box changed from changed/new media (or something like that, can't check now while scanning) to "Clear library and rescan everything" and greyed out. And it looks like it is scanning every folder, slowly, going to be a long time. Shouldn't it just do a faster scan for changes only?

- Can I have LMS scan regularly for changes/additions to library from Spotty? I currently have this setting:
    -"Online Music Library Integration" set to "integrate online library and automatically check for changes"
    - If that is not possible, isn't there someplace to schedule scans, so I can automatically scan the library every night? Thought I had that set but I can't find any setting for that now.
    Your settings should mean that scans for Spotify changes take place automatically. I don't know why that would fail.

"New Music" is missing (some) newmusic

> - Can I have LMS scan regularly for changes/additions to library from
    > Spotty? I currently have this setting:
    > -"Online Music Library Integration" set to "integrate online
    > library and automatically check for changes"

That should be fine. If it doesn't work, then please check your
    server.log. Increase the log level for the OMLI plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > - Can I have LMS scan regularly for changes/additions to library from
    > Spotty? I currently have this setting:
    > -"Online Music Library Integration" set to "integrate online
    > library and automatically check for changes"

That should be fine. If it doesn't work, then please check your
    server.log. Increase the log level for the OMLI plugin.
    What am I looking for in the server.log? I don't see scan info in there; not sure what I'm looking for in the scanner.log either. The logging options drop-down for OMLI is set to "warn;" do you mean I should set it to info or debug to see more about what is happening?

"New Music" is missing (some) newmusic

> What am I looking for in the server.log? I don't see scan info in there;
    > not sure what I'm looking for in the scanner.log either. The logging
    > options drop-down for OMLI is set to "warn;" do you mean I should set it
    > to info or debug to see more about what is happening?

The latter. The OMLI plugin would then report when it's polling the
    online collection for changes etc.