Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ionian View Post
    Code:
    [root@vortexbox-ionian ~]# /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/x86_64-linux/flac
    ===============================================================================
    flac - Command-line FLAC encoder/decoder version 1.2.1
    Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007  Josh Coalson

]               Patched for SqueezeCenter
       http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10886
       http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11223
    Version of flac is wrong. It is very old (from 2007) and not up to date. It should be 1.3.2 with the specific patch for time formats.

Hmm. OK!
    How can I update it in Vortexbox?
    Music Server (Store): LMS on VortexBox 2.5 (BETA) --- [Gigabyte GB-BACE-3000 Intel N3000 1,04 GHz + 2GB Ram + 1TB SSD] [Power: Belleson 12V]
    Streamer/Player 01: PicoreP 7.0 + Pi2 + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro --- [Power: Belleson 5V]
    Streamer/Player 02: Daphile on TransportPC S/PDIF -- [ESI Juli@ digital part] [PC Power: Belleson 12V - Card Power: Belleson 5V]
    Switch: Zyxel GS105 V2 --- [Power: Belleson 5V]
    DAC: TDA1543 NOS 16Bit R-2R DAC3 --- [Power: 9V Battery]

Hmm. OK!
    How can I update it in Vortexbox?
    The right version should have been delivered with Vortexbox.
    Talk to Vortexbox support.

It may be possible to use LMS builds (but it depends on having right linux kernel and libraries) - better to find out why Vortexbox is not providing the correct version.

Trying to confirm the version of flac is the issue.

IIRC One of the reason for the latest patch was to handle time format where fractions have to use period.

Is your Vortexbox set up for non US/UK locale ?

Main issue is time format where time fractions uses comma and not period (i.e. half a second is 0,5 and not 0.5 )

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The right version should have been delivered with Vortexbox.
    Talk to Vortexbox support.

It may be possible to use LMS builds (but it depends on having right linux kernel and libraries) - better to find out why Vortexbox is not providing the correct version.
    Just fyi....I had to reinstall VB 2.5 recently and can confirm that it also uses the old version of FLAC. I don't use cue files however.

@bpa
    Thank you very much for your information and help. I wrote a message to Vortexbox forum.
    After that, it is beyond me. I guess I can't do anything but wait.
    I hope gets resolved problem.

Thank you very much for your interest ...
    Music Server (Store): LMS on VortexBox 2.5 (BETA) --- [Gigabyte GB-BACE-3000 Intel N3000 1,04 GHz + 2GB Ram + 1TB SSD] [Power: Belleson 12V]
    Streamer/Player 01: PicoreP 7.0 + Pi2 + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro --- [Power: Belleson 5V]
    Streamer/Player 02: Daphile on TransportPC S/PDIF -- [ESI Juli@ digital part] [PC Power: Belleson 12V - Card Power: Belleson 5V]

Quote Originally Posted by jfo View Post
    Just fyi....I had to reinstall VB 2.5 recently and can confirm that it also uses the old version of FLAC. I don't use cue files however.
    The number of ISO image flac files in my archive is too many. Splitting them into tracks is a lot of work for me. I could not decide what to do.

The number of ISO image flac files in my archive is too many. Splitting them into tracks is a lot of work for me. I could not decide what to do.
    A workaround may be to change your locale settings, if the locale is non "english" for time settings.

What are your current locale settings ? Use locale command at a shell prompt

My current locale is:

[root@vortexbox-ionian ~]# timedatectl
    Local time: Wed 2021-03-03 21:34:33 +03
    Universal time: Wed 2021-03-03 18:34:33 UTC
    RTC time: Wed 2021-03-03 18:34:33
    Time zone: Europe/Istanbul (+03, +0300)
    Network time on: yes
    NTP synchronized: yes
    RTC in local TZ: no

[root@vortexbox-ionian ~]# locale
    LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL=
    [root@vortexbox-ionian ~]#

It looks like it's okay. How do you think?

No guarantees that this will work, but it might be worth a try: remove all the INDEX 00 lines from a cue file, so that every track only has an INDEX 01 line. Save it and rescan. Be sure to save a backup of the original cue file, in case this doesn't help, or in case you ever need to burn an actual CD.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.