Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Duet Controller - Pause button not working with Squeezebox Touch

Is this normal?

I am using the Duet Controller with the SBT (a great combo) - because I like touching the volume up and down without having to unlock my phone - but the pause button does not pause the music - is this by design?

Pause should Pause.
    I don't have a Touch but Pause on Controller works fine with my other players.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

OK so perhaps the pause button is not working on the controller?

I get the odd interruption in the house so touching and using pause is quicker than tapping the volume down. The reason I don't use the r/c for the SBT is that it's infrared and my equipment is not line of sight. Anyway, the SBT IR r/c volume down is a lot slower than using the Duet Controller.

I will unearth the Squeezebox Duet and see if I have the same issue with that.

You could try it with the Controller controlling a different player - that should help confirm it is an issue with the Controller button itself.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You could try it with the Controller controlling a different player - that should help confirm it is an issue with the Controller button itself.
    I have determined that the pause button is not working on the Controller leading me to now ask... has anyone got a Duet Controller for sale please ??