Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Duet Controller - Pause button not working with Squeezebox Touch

Is this normal?

I am using the Duet Controller with the SBT (a great combo) - because I like touching the volume up and down without having to unlock my phone - but the pause button does not pause the music - is this by design?

Pause should Pause.
    I don't have a Touch but Pause on Controller works fine with my other players.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

OK so perhaps the pause button is not working on the controller?

I get the odd interruption in the house so touching and using pause is quicker than tapping the volume down. The reason I don't use the r/c for the SBT is that it's infrared and my equipment is not line of sight. Anyway, the SBT IR r/c volume down is a lot slower than using the Duet Controller.

I will unearth the Squeezebox Duet and see if I have the same issue with that.

You could try it with the Controller controlling a different player - that should help confirm it is an issue with the Controller button itself.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You could try it with the Controller controlling a different player - that should help confirm it is an issue with the Controller button itself.
    I have determined that the pause button is not working on the Controller leading me to now ask... has anyone got a Duet Controller for sale please ??