Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sherington View Post
    My Touch's are able to use WPA2-PSK passwords to access a network - I have the Netgear Orbi system & they all connect wirelessly seamlessly.

Andrew
    Yes, the Deco uses WPA2-PSK and so does my existing router which works absolutely fine with the Touch.

Very confusing 🙁

Quote Originally Posted by GordonWT View Post
    Yes, the Deco uses WPA2-PSK and so does my existing router which works absolutely fine with the Touch.

Very confusing ��
    I have a Deco M5 setup and no trouble connecting Squeeze gear (including a Touch and some Radios and Controllers) with both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz active, though I still have WPA-PSK TKIP enabled for some old SB3 and Boom units. Obviously you should be sure not to turn on "Hide this network from Wi-Fi lists", which I just noticed today.

(I have turned off Mesh for older Squeezboxes that don't move around, buy I think you have to associate a device with the Deco before you can change its Mesh setting.)
    Last edited by peterw; 2021-03-01 at 17:16. Reason: add note about Mesh
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www.tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Right, my bad. I looked it up and the wifi client is wpa_supplicant-0.5.7 which does have support for AES encryption.

Did find a possibly interesting post that hints that TP Link can have issues with older devices: https://community.tp-link.com/en/hom...m/topic/191278

OK. I changed my SSID and now my Touch can see the network and log in. Obviously didnít like one of the characters I used so I simplified it and it worked 👍

Only problem now is that it canít find the server on my PC...one step forward etc 🙁

There is no Spotty App to choose and when I click on my music, it tries to find my pc but fails...what on earth?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonWT View Post
    OK. I changed my SSID and now my Touch can see the network and log in. Obviously didnít like one of the characters I used so I simplified it and it worked 👍

Only problem now is that it canít find the server on my PC...one step forward etc 🙁

There is no Spotty App to choose and when I click on my music, it tries to find my pc but fails...what on earth?
    Firewall on PC let you access the port of LMS?

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    Firewall on PC let you access the port of LMS?
    Thatís what I thought it might be but turns out I had to plug my pc into the main Deco. Now all three Touches are working.

I have other network issues now but thatís not for this forum lol

Thanks all for help.
    Gordon