Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Touch devices canít find SSID using TP Link M4 Deco

I thought I would give my wi-fi a boost and bought a TP Link M4 Deco mesh system.

Plugged it into my BT Router and connected a few devices with no problem until I got to the first of my 3 SB Touches and found they canít see the SSID from the Deco.

Tried resetting everything but to no avail. Also tried manually entering the details but no joy.

Has anyone else tried a Deco with SB Touch?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

Have you tried this from their FAQ
    3. Turn off the Fast Roaming feature.

Some devices may not be compatible with Fast Roaming thus fail to connect to the Wi-Fi network. In this case, itís suggested to launch the Deco app and tap More -> Advanced. Find and turn off the Fast Roaming feature.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Have you tried this from their FAQ
    Hi Paul, yes I saw that and had a look but the default setting is off.

I canít see my SSID on my Sony devices, apart from PS4, but managed to connect with WPS.

I donít think SB Touch has WPS?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonWT View Post
    Hi Paul, yes I saw that and had a look but the default setting is off.

I canít see my SSID on my Sony devices, apart from PS4, but managed to connect with WPS.

I donít think SB Touch has WPS?
    if i remember correctly, than only 2.4 GHZ Frequency is supported. Could it be, that you have only setup 5 GHZ?

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    if i remember correctly, than only 2.4 GHZ Frequency is supported. Could it be, that you have only setup 5 GHZ?
    No. Both frequencies are active.
    Really annoying as I canít turn off my original Wi-fi until I can solve this.

The Touches are a critical part of my hi-fi. I have 3 different systems as I do like my music lol 😂

They also suggest temporarily disabling the 5MHz part to get "legacy" devices connected.
    I don't see why that should make a difference but easy to test.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

and another thing to try is to disable the 20/40 bandwidth stuff
    https://community.tp-link.com/en/bus...replyId=321761
    Paul Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    and another thing to try is to disable the 20/40 bandwidth stuff
    https://community.tp-link.com/en/bus...replyId=321761
    Hi Paul

Iíve tried disabling the 5 GHZ band but my SSID still doesnít show up.

Iíve had a look at the settings for the Deco but canít see any mention of 20/40.

I will have to try TPLink support I think.

Thanks for getting back to me, appreciated.

What security level do you have enabled in the access point? I believe that modern wifi devices default to WPA2-PSK and I can almost guarantee that the Squeezebox devices will not support that encryption method.

Wi-F- password ..

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    What security level do you have enabled in the access point? I believe that modern wifi devices default to WPA2-PSK and I can almost guarantee that the Squeezebox devices will not support that encryption method.
    My Touch's are able to use WPA2-PSK passwords to access a network - I have the Netgear Orbi system & they all connect wirelessly seamlessly.

Andrew