Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Web interface

Web interface

I'm on a PC, using Chrome.

Attached my layout of the web interface.

Can I change the layout of the top part? I play a lot of concert recordings and list musicians and composers.
    Can I make the top part bigger (sometimes there's not room enough for all the info)?
    Can I present the composer as (composer)?

Where can I change the layout of this part?
    Would be great if I could.
    Thanks /Henry

Name:  HankD_2017-07-25 10_28_05-Logitech Media Server.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  77.4 KB

You can drag it wider, but I don't know if you can drag it taller too..?

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

You can't make it taller even when you undock it - the little rectangular icon at right of the power button

Name:  2017-07-25 09_51_01-Web interface.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  22.5 KB
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post
    Can I change the layout of the top part? I play a lot of concert recordings and list musicians and composers.
    Can I make the top part bigger (sometimes there's not room enough for all the info)?

Thanks /Henry
    Layout is created using Perl templates and base HTML anbd CSS pages with language variations. So layout change is usually only done by a "developer" (i.e.knowledge of HTML, CSS and stylesheets is required)

I think look at slimserver.css for basic dimension and perhaps by altering a few dimension you might get what you want. Save orginals so you can revert.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Layout is created using Perl templates and base HTML anbd CSS pages with language variations. So layout change is usually only done by a "developer" (i.e.knowledge of HTML, CSS and stylesheets is required)

I think look at slimserver.css for basic dimension and perhaps by altering a few dimension you might get what you want. Save orginals so you can revert.
    Thanks all for answers, I have dragged the part and made it wider and it sometimes helps.

I was thinking about moving Composer to the field were I have the band members, like "Sam Rivers - composer", I could probably do that in a program like Mp3Tag.

Fiddling with slimserver.css is above my knowledge, I don't dare to to that. I wonder if this is something Michael Herger would consider looking at...to let us format also this part? Maybe not a big enough issue.

Thanks /Hank

Thanks all for answers, I have dragged the part and made it wider and it sometimes helps.

I was thinking about moving Composer to the field were I have the band members, like "Sam Rivers - composer", I could probably do that in a program like Mp3Tag.

Fiddling with slimserver.css is above my knowledge, I don't dare to to that. I wonder if this is something Michael Herger would consider looking at...to let us format also this part? Maybe not a big enough issue.

Thanks /Hank
    Have you looked at Music & Artist Information plugin ?
    It gives a context menu to a track with Artist & Album information lookups to biographies, reviews and album credits

Name:  2017-07-26 12_19_28-Logitech Media Server.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  88.4 KB
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Have you looked at Music & Artist Information plugin ?
    It gives a context menu to a track with Artist & Album information lookups to biographies, reviews and album credits

Name:  2017-07-26 12_19_28-Logitech Media Server.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  88.4 KB
    Yeah, thanks I use all Michael's plugins. My library is mostly concert recordings/bootlegs and info about the gig and the musicians I have entered myself.

Again

Michael, do you have time to look at this? How to change layout, like list composer as "(composer)" and also make the top part bigger, moving down to make space?

Attached my layout of the web interface.

Thanks /Henry

Name:  HankD_2017-07-25 10_28_05-Logitech Media Server.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  77.4 KB
    Michael, do you have time to look at this? How to change layout, like list composer as "(composer)" and also make the top part bigger, moving down to make space?

Web interface

> Michael, do you have time to look at this?

I'm sorry, no. If I lack something, then it's time...

> How to change layout, like
    > list composer as "(composer)" and also make the top part bigger, moving
    > down to make space?

You'd have to modify status_header.html any related files.

--

Michael

Michael,
    Remember this? :-)
    I updated to 8.0 and now the playing interface doesn't show all my bandmembers, see screenshot.
    I have a lot of concert recording and I have myself enetered all info about band member and instruments.
    Something has changed and maybe I should use an earlier version (please compare to the screenshot in my previous post)
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images