Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Problems with "3 Player" synchronization

I have LMS 8.1.0 on piCoreplayer 7.00

Need help with settings to sync 3 Players.
    What I want to achieve:
    All 3 Players should play the same stream and volume should be independent on each player.
    Player 1 + 2 (RPi) should power on/off together and play the same stream
    Player 3 (Squeezeradio) should power on/off independent and play the same stream as Player 1+2

I do have no other plugins installed yet.

Config on the LMS "Player - Syncronize" Tab:

Player 1 -> Synchronize: "Player 2 + Player 3" Synchronize Power: "Power on/off with group"
    Player 2 -> Synchronize: "Player 1 + Player 3" Synchronize Power: "Power on/off with group"
    Player 3 -> Synchronize: "Player 1 + Player 2" Synchronize Power: "Power on/off separately"

But this does not work......
    Behavior:
    Player 1: Power on/off -> Player 2 on/off -- Player 3 still off --> as expected
    Player 2: Power on/off -> Player 1 on/off -- Player 3 still off --> as expected
    BUT
    Player 3: Power on/off --> Player 1 + 2 also Power on/off --> ??

What am I doing wrong, do I need another plugin, do I need to apply the settings in a special order - or is this not possible to achieve?

Appreciate any input

Quote Originally Posted by wetter68 View Post
    I have LMS 8.1.0 on piCoreplayer 7.00

Need help with settings to sync 3 Players.
    What I want to achieve:
    All 3 Players should play the same stream and volume should be independent on each player.
    Player 1 + 2 (RPi) should power on/off together and play the same stream
    Player 3 (Squeezeradio) should power on/off independent and play the same stream as Player 1+2

I do have no other plugins installed yet.

Config on the LMS "Player - Syncronize" Tab:

Player 1 -> Synchronize: "Player 2 + Player 3" Synchronize Power: "Power on/off with group"
    Player 2 -> Synchronize: "Player 1 + Player 3" Synchronize Power: "Power on/off with group"
    Player 3 -> Synchronize: "Player 1 + Player 2" Synchronize Power: "Power on/off separately"

But this does not work......
    Behavior:
    Player 1: Power on/off -> Player 2 on/off -- Player 3 still off --> as expected
    Player 2: Power on/off -> Player 1 on/off -- Player 3 still off --> as expected
    BUT
    Player 3: Power on/off --> Player 1 + 2 also Power on/off --> ??

What am I doing wrong, do I need another plugin, do I need to apply the settings in a special order - or is this not possible to achieve?

Appreciate any input
    I worked on that a while ago, I would need to re-read the code but AFAIR, this on/off and group is about how *the group influences you* not how *you influence the group*. In other words, P3 influences the group members but the members have no influence on P3.
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-02-27 at 22:59.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I worked on that a while ago, I would need to re-read the code but AFAIR, this on/off and group is about how *the group influences you* not how *you influence the group*. In other words, P3 influences the group members but the members have no influence on P3.
    Confirmed this is the way it works. Here is the code that is called when any player is set on or off

Code:
    	# handle sync'd players
    	if ($client->isSynced()) {

my @buddies = $client->syncedWith();

for my $eachclient (@buddies) {
    			$eachclient->power($newpower, 1) if $prefs->client($eachclient)->get('syncPower');

# send an update for Jive player power menu
    			Slim::Control::Jive::playerPower($eachclient);

}
    	}
    So every sync'd player will be set on or off if it has the "syncPower" attribute. We can easily change that and add more values to syncPower, but I don't really have an opinion here. Now, you'll have to find a way to tell users:

1- Isolated
    2- Normal member: Power on/off group and be powered on/off with the group
    3- Isolated master: Power on/off group but don't be powered on/off with the group
    4- Isolated slave: Don't power on/off group but be powered on/off with the group

You need to find people that can express that in good English
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

philippe_44 - thanks for your reply.
    I would love to see "Player 3" isolated (like in your suggested Option 1) as this is the way I undestand the "Synchonize Power" Option in the Server settings.
    That way I would be able to power Player 3 on/off when needed without disturbing Player 1+2.
    Szenario:
    I have power synced player e.g. in the living and dining room (Player 1+2) and when I go to the bathroom, or to the garage, I would be able to isolated "power on" Player 3 (with independent volume) and when I leave "power off" Player 3 without disturbing Player 1+2.

I am looking for Option 1 "Isolated".

Regarding your other Options I believe:
    Option 2 is already inplemented with the Synchronize Power Option "Power off/on with group"
    Option 3 is already inplemented with the Synchronize Power Option "Power off/on separatley"
    Option 4 not implemented yet.

Any additional opinions from other users?
    Last edited by wetter68; 2021-02-28 at 06:36.