Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Graphic Visualiser

Are there any plugins which enable graphic visualiser of the music - like the 80's style graphic eq ?

But I'd like to do this on the TV for a squeezebox / squeezelite player, so I am think something which is over the web interface. Open to any ideas.

If you run Jivelite on the same device as Squeezelite then you should be able to get them.
    However, it requires a shared memory interface ... so will not work if you use your Jivelite to control a player that is remote to it.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    If you run Jivelite on the same device as Squeezelite then you should be able to get them.
    However, it requires a shared memory interface ... so will not work if you use your Jivelite to control a player that is remote to it.
    thanks at the minute this is a remote setup, pi on TV, and squeezebox touch on AMP. I suspect its not possible due to latency.

I may have to have the Pi drive both the amp and tv, but want to keep the squeezebox in play.

Sync the Pi and the Squeezebox.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by atca View Post
    Are there any plugins which enable graphic visualiser of the music - like the 80's style graphic eq ?

But I'd like to do this on the TV for a squeezebox / squeezelite player, so I am think something which is over the web interface. Open to any ideas.
    As mentioned, you'll need squeezelite (sync'd to your real player) running on the device connected to your TV. This squeezelite can run without audio (i.e. output to null device).
    Then, you'll have to automatically start the visualizer (e.g. jivelite) on this device on boot.
    The only stand-alone visualizer I know of is this one, but it'll need some technical skills (and fiddling) to get running.

while there are web-based visualizers (eg. this one), feeding the audio to them will be tricky. You could experiment with LMS' mp3 stream, but I expect that synchronization will be a problem.
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Sync the Pi and the Squeezebox.
    Great idea.

Any idea on the difference between:

https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-jivelite (this seems to be for piCorePLayer)

and

https://github.com/ralph-irving/jivelite

installed jivelite, exactly what I was looking for but the spectrum analyser didn't work.

I tried it at several different resolutions and size and just nothing

Trying to compile squeezeplay now and will try that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by atca View Post
    installed jivelite, exactly what I was looking for but the spectrum analyser didn't work.

I tried it at several different resolutions and size and just nothing

Trying to compile squeezeplay now and will try that instead.
    Which skin did you choose for Jivelite? Joggler skin should definitely work.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Which skin did you choose for Jivelite? Joggler skin should definitely work.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I've tried the Joggler skin, each resolution of the Squeezebox standard skin and the material skin.

I just get:

Name:  spectrum_fail.PNG
Views: 103
Size:  131.1 KB

No moving bars.
    I've done a parallel install of Squeezeplay from source too, and same issue.