Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom flat flex ribbon cable

Does anyone know where I can purchase a flat flex ribbon cable that connects the Boom control panel to the main body? Or is is it "Boom for parts" time?
    Thanks,
    Kid Audio

Do you have a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Do you have a photo?
    This is a link to a photo of the flex cable. This photo is taken from this blog that gives a detailed description of a Squeezebox Boom woofer repair. Search for "Undo Control Panel Flat Flex" in this blog.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Flex ribbon photo from Joe's tech blog

Here's a photo from Joe's tech blogName:  flex cable.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  37.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    This is a link to a photo of the flex cable. This photo is taken from this blog that gives a detailed description of a Squeezebox Boom woofer repair. Search for "Undo Control Panel Flat Flex" in this blog.
    Thanks CJS. Didn't see your post before I did mine.
    Kid Audio

On the photo it can be seen that the flex cable consists of 10 wires. I suppose you can measure the wire pitch yourself. You may find a replacement in the following table at Farnell:
    https://uk.farnell.com/c/cable-wire-...-jumper-cables
    You can filter on number of wires (in this case 10Core), wire pitch, length, contact orientation, etc.
    Last edited by CJS; 2021-02-25 at 14:54.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    On the photo it can be seen that the flex cable consists of 10 wires. I suppose you can measure the wire pitch yourself. You may find a replacement in the following table at Farnell:
    https://uk.farnell.com/c/cable-wire-...-jumper-cables
    You can filter on number of wires (in this case 10Core), wire pitch, length, contact orientation, etc.
    CJS: Thanks for the link. I was able to find the flex cable I needed. (I think.) If I ever make it to The Netherlands I'll buy you a pint. Thanks again. Much appreciated.
    Kid Audio