Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer 7.0.0 doesn't play well with HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro

I'm making my first attempt at building a "Squeezebox replacement," and so put together a RPi 4 and HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro. I tried using piCorePlayer 7.0.0, and it worked fine with "Analog Audio" as the output (or as fine as you can hope for with the RPi internal headphone jack). However, when I set the output device to the "HiFiBerry DAC2HD (and Pro)," when the Pi reboots, the light on the DAC2 goes out, and the web interface says SqueezeLite isn't running. Changing the option to any other HiFiBerry sound card turns its light back on after a reboot, and SqueezeLite indicates it's running, but, of course, I get no audio. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Try HiFiBerry DAC+ (and Pro, AMP2)

While I get a signal from that, it's very, very soft...like maybe -200 db at full output.

Can you use alsamixer?

It is probably quickest to reburn SD card to get back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Can you use alsamixer?

It is probably quickest to reburn SD card to get back to square one.
    I'm on the verge of doing so. As a complete RPi neophyte, I know nothing about alsamixer. Could you tell me more?

Access piCorePlayer via ssh then type alsamixer at the prompt.

The DAC2 setting should work, but Hifiberry changed the mixer name, so it cannot currently get set through the web interface. Once set with alsamixer, and saved. it should work fine.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by the nightfly View Post
    I'm making my first attempt at building a "Squeezebox replacement," and so put together a RPi 4 and HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro. I tried using piCorePlayer 7.0.0, and it worked fine with "Analog Audio" as the output (or as fine as you can hope for with the RPi internal headphone jack). However, when I set the output device to the "HiFiBerry DAC2HD (and Pro)," when the Pi reboots, the light on the DAC2 goes out, and the web interface says SqueezeLite isn't running. Changing the option to any other HiFiBerry sound card turns its light back on after a reboot, and SqueezeLite indicates it's running, but, of course, I get no audio. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Solved now? I run the same trouble. If you still run in problems cause I played with teh equalizer befor I add the Hifiberry card.

Solution a)
    Start from scratch and reflash the SD card set output device to Hiffiberry DAC+ ADC

Solution b) Have a look on the Twaeks page and change the Equalizer Device to hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0
    My output device is HifiBerry DAC+ ADC, select HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro in your case.
    Raspberry 3 | piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v7.0.0 | www v00011 | linux 5.4.83-pcpCore-v7 | piCore v12.0pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.8-1287-pCP -> Output=Hifiberry DAC+
    squeezlite on Raspberry 3+/4 -> Output=default
    iPeng