Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LMS advanced search: Sort by file modification date?

Is it possible to use LMS Advanced Search to sort by file modification date (Date Modified?) in the same way that 'New Music' displays albums?

I use Trackstat ratings to select out my favourite albums and save 'As Library View' then set up an 'Additional Browse Mode' so I can display them and easily select/play my most recent favourite purchases. The Library View displays in order of album name but I would rather it displayed effectively in the order I purchased them. Like most people I end up purchasing albums that I play over and over (my favourites) and others I play rarely.

It's a convenience thing really but is it possible?
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

LMS advanced search: Sort by filemodification date?

> Is it possible to use LMS Advanced Search to sort by file modification
    > date (Date Modified?) in the same way that 'New Music' displays albums?

No, that's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    Is it possible to use LMS Advanced Search to sort by file modification date (Date Modified?) in the same way that 'New Music' displays albums?

I use Trackstat ratings to select out my favourite albums and save 'As Library View' then set up an 'Additional Browse Mode' so I can display them and easily select/play my most recent favourite purchases. The Library View displays in order of album name but I would rather it displayed effectively in the order I purchased them. Like most people I end up purchasing albums that I play over and over (my favourites) and others I play rarely.

It's a convenience thing really but is it possible?
    If you create a library view, can you not just use that library view and when you enter 'New Music' you should only see albums from that library. So, whilst the search results are not sorted that way, you can still see the albums in that order using New Music.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    If you create a library view, can you not just use that library view and when you enter 'New Music' you should only see albums from that library. So, whilst the search results are not sorted that way, you can still see the albums in that order using New Music.
    Good catch! Just tried it and it works.

Thank you
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Maybe not! It works with LMS Default Skin but not with Material Skin. Material displays the New Music taking no account of the selected Library View.

Additionally, it's straightforward changing Library Views with the Default Skin but not so much with Material. Is there a better way to select a Library View with Material - URL maybe?
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom

Maybe not! It works with LMS Default Skin but not with Material Skin. Material displays the New Music taking no account of the selected Library View.

Additionally, it's straightforward changing Library Views with the Default Skin but not so much with Material. Is there a better way to select a Library View with Material - URL maybe?
    Depends how you're doing it?

Just click/press the notes icon on the "My Music" page.

Name:  2notes.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  39.4 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Depends how you're doing it?

Just click/press the notes icon on the "My Music" page.

Name:  2notes.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  39.4 KB
    Didn't know about that and it does work. Material is so flexible its's amazing - there are lots of hidden gems in there, just takes a little help from forum users.
    Thanks @kidstypike

@cpd73...
    Any chance of moving or duplicating 'Change Library' (notes icon) to the Music sources page? Would make selecting Library Views so much easier.
    Last edited by bobertuk; 2021-02-21 at 05:14.
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom

Didn't know about that and it does work. Material is so flexible its's amazing - there are lots of hidden gems in there, just takes a little help from forum users.
    Thanks @kidstypike

@cpd73...
    Any chance of moving or duplicating 'Change Library' (notes icon) to the Music sources page? Would make selecting Library Views so much easier.
    How would that make it easier to select library views? Library views are only relevant to My Music.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How would that make it easier to select library views? Library views are only relevant to My Music.

All my Library Views are pinned to 'Music Sources' which is essentially the front page of Material, allowing items to be manually sorted according to personal preference. It's simply a matter of convenience - fewer key presses, more functionality.
    Last edited by bobertuk; 2021-02-21 at 05:58.
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom

All my Library Views are pinned to 'Music Sources' which is essentially the front page of Material, allowing items to be manually sorted according to personal preference. It's simply a matter of convenience - fewer key presses, more functionality.
    How do you pin a library view to the home page? Could you show a screenshot of your Material home page?