Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by leadears View Post
    How's performance with this? I tried analyzing remote files - it worked but glacially. Probably ntfs via samba, the projected completion was weeks. Working with local files was much quicker (workable). A solution without the need to copy files around would be nice (-:
    i'm on the beginning on this journey, so i can report lster. I've changed solution again. What is also working is a virtual machine (here virtualbox) in OSX and map the remote share NOT within Windows instead map this remote share as local share via virtualbox. Of course first map this remote share within the host. Sounds odd, but works.....

I have 80.000 files to proceed. But i've also have a mac pro with 12 cores, so i'll tell you later.....

BTW: How did you know it takes weeks? The amount of time is never shown. The time shown in the lower right corner is the PLAY time of your music.
    Last edited by mamema; 2021-02-20 at 08:31.

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post

BTW: How did you know it takes weeks? The amount of time is never shown. The time shown in the lower right corner is the PLAY time of your music.
    I extrapolated from the time it was taking to process the files, i.e. it tells you when a file is parsed and the fingerprint tag written - you may have to hit an update button to show the progress. I had the impression it was too 'chatty' to run across a network, client-side processing power wasn't the bottleneck. Good luck with it and do let us know how you get on (-:
    Main room: Transporter -> ifi tube 2 -> Denon AVR 4306 -> Kef iq9
    Kitchen/living room: Pi 1B+ HifiBerry Digi+ -> Cambridge Audio Dacmagic -> audiolab 8000 -> B&W 685
    Late night listening: Touch -> Little Dot Dac_1 -> Little Dot mk3 headphone amp
    Office: IQaudIO Pi-DigiAMP+ -> JBL bookshelves
    Bedroom: squeezebox radio
    IQaudIO Pi-DAC Pro Pi 3B+, Pi 4 LMS and NAS

i'm on the beginning on this journey, so i can report lster. I've changed solution again. What is also working is a virtual machine (here virtualbox) in OSX and map the remote share NOT within Windows instead map this remote share as local share via virtualbox. Of course first map this remote share within the host. Sounds odd, but works.....

I have 80.000 files to proceed. But i've also have a mac pro with 12 cores, so i'll tell you later.....

To speed things up go into
    File/Preferences/General
    Set the Analysis priority, Processor use and Number of threads as required.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    To speed things up go into
    File/Preferences/General
    Set the Analysis priority, Processor use and Number of threads as required.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    At the moment i throw 24 cores (several machines) onto this. I've measured the difference between fingerprinting locally in comparison to remotely. For me there was/is no real difference.
    Measured amount / duration 16 files locally to 15 files remotely.

But, i've discovered some kind of bug. If i scan too much music files then the validation process stops or let's better say never starts even though the log is empty, the interface just stays there with the same numbers but the CPU is maxed out.....

So even though i get theoretically 3000 files per hour with 24 cores, i cannot let this run without babying every couple of hours.
    So this will take some time

after several days fingerprinting, there are a few Unanalyzable songs left.

Whats the secret with those?
    Are there any hints to get more songs into analyzed state?

The windows musicIP analyzer doesn't like files with non roman characters in tags, and refuses to deal with them, It doesn't like FLAC files at 48khz, and there are at least a few other cases it's gets picky about. As you found out, it doesn't like to analyze over network drives either.

My workflow, just for the history.
    Copy files to local drive temp space.
    Drop into windows musicip, and analyze.
    Archive all analysis.
    Delete from musicip.
    Move files with analysis embedded over to linux NAS.
    Have linux headless musicip server scan the files and add them to the NAS musicip database. (I have a thread about dealing with 64bit inodes concerning this)
    Magic.

It's not the smoothest, but after the initial 80k file scan/archive/move/import cycle, it's pretty simple when new music shows up.

i'm now finished with my fingerprinting task and want to use musicip

- headless server running
    - musicip plugin enabled
    - LMS imported musicip information
    - dynamic mix plugin enabled
    - Sugarcube spicefly plugin enabled (requested evaluation license several days ago, rebooted etc. Author contacted, nothing, no license, is this still working?)

As i'm using mainly the UPNP bridge and the webinterface, where is the musicip mix menu?

i'm now finished with my fingerprinting task and want to use musicip

- headless server running
    - musicip plugin enabled
    - LMS imported musicip information
    - dynamic mix plugin enabled
    - Sugarcube spicefly plugin enabled (requested evaluation license several days ago, rebooted etc. Author contacted, nothing, no license, is this still working?)

As i'm using mainly the UPNP bridge and the webinterface, where is the musicip mix menu?

Can you get to the headless server webserver on your network, and does it have values listed in "Mixable Songs"? Default port is 10002
    Can LMS access the headless server over the network (or localhost)? On the same port.
    Dynamic Mix plugin isn't used with Sugarcube, and I think it's effectively deprecated. I don't think I ever got that working satisfactorily, it's not installed on my server.
    Does Sugarcube show up in advanced settings->license manager? Does sugarcube show up in My Music? And does it show up in a per-player configuration?

The sugarcube method doesn't import any of the muscip info into LMS, it uses the headless server to make queries against the independent database. You need to ensure that the directory structure is the same (or use the Sugarcube file renaming to fix).

Yes musicipheadless web inteface is reachable, it has mixable songs, it can be mixed directly on the headless web page.
    Also, the music path is identical everywhere.
    And till this morning, my eval license of sugarcube seems to have arrived.

Menu is visible, but mixing isn't working.

get this in the logs:
    [21-03-07 09:56:01.9030] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1283) Warning: [09:56:01.7119] Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /config/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SugarCube/HTML/EN/plugins/SugarCube/settings/liveview.html line 23.

sugarcube debug log is showing, that musicio server is delivering a mix, but nothing is listed in sugarcube menu.

Edit: Ah, enabling in device setting was needed. Mixing something now......
    Last edited by mamema; 2021-03-07 at 02:16.