Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Server , Touch Enhanced Digital Output - How do install on 8.0.1 ?

Hello,

I fear once more I'm asking a silly question but can't see how / where to install this plugin . For me it's not in the list of 3rd party plugins unless I'm misunderstand it's name. I've read it's still compatible with the later server.

I'm running Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.1 - 1608617100 on a Raspberry Pi 2.

Perhaps I can also qualify that it works on the S/PDIF output of my Squeezebox Touch.

I understand I'll need a new DAC to operate at the higher bit rates. Fancy one of the small Topping units with a display.

Thanks again for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by bayard1music View Post
    Hello,

I fear once more I'm asking a silly question but can't see how / where to install this plugin . For me it's not in the list of 3rd party plugins unless I'm misunderstand it's name. I've read it's still compatible with the later server.

I'm running Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.1 - 1608617100 on a Raspberry Pi 2.

Perhaps I can also qualify that it works on the S/PDIF output of my Squeezebox Touch.

I understand I'll need a new DAC to operate at the higher bit rates. Fancy one of the small Topping units with a display.

Thanks again for any help.
    It is an applet installed on the Touch. You only need it of you want to use the USB output to a DAC or of you want to play files up to 192 kHz o the coaxial output. When I tried the USB output to a Topping E30 playback went silent when the bitrate changed and I needed to toggle between inputs to restore it. Coax worked fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Squeezebox Server Enhanced Digital Output

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    It is an applet installed on the Touch. You only need it of you want to use the USB output to a DAC or of you want to play files up to 192 kHz o the coaxial output. When I tried the USB output to a Topping E30 playback went silent when the bitrate changed and I needed to toggle between inputs to restore it. Coax worked fine.

OK , so you're saying it's part of the firmware / product now. No need to install any addon.

Look forward to trying out with a newer DAC.

Thanks very much for the reply.

OK , so you're saying it's part of the firmware / product now. No need to install any addon.

It has always been a player-side "applet", not a server-side "plugin".

You need to install the applet from settings/advanced/applet installer.

And remember , it does not work with everything

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YKQ/edit#gid=0