Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezelite on LibreELEC?

Hey, does anyone run Squeezelite on LibreELEC?
    Until recently I had Squeezelite on OSMC, but moved to LibreELEC which is "minimalistic OS" and I'm not able to install it same way..
    I've managed to get "Squeezebox for Kodi" addon (with some pataching etc) but it still behaves somehow odd..
    Just wondering if there is better way? Many thanks!
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

"Multimedia Tools"...

Hi - There's a Program Add-on in the LibreELEC library called "Multimedia Tools" that includes a version of Squeezelite, along with a bunch of other stuff. No idea how old the version is - I tried it a few years back out of interest, I think it worked but I never really used it as I have an SB3 next to the TV which is better. Hope it does what you need...

** UPDATE ** A quick search revealed THIS which may scupper my suggestion

Brgds

Phil
    Last edited by florca; 2021-02-18 at 01:47.
    Odroid HC1 / Armbian Stretch LMS & LocalPlayer
    4x Slim Devices SB3 (White)
    1x Boom, 1x Radio
    2x Joggler + Squeezeplay / Squeezelite + Topping TP30

Quote Originally Posted by florca View Post
    Hi - There's a Program Add-on in the LibreELEC library called "Multimedia Tools" that includes a version of Squeezelite, along with a bunch of other stuff. No idea how old the version is - I tried it a few years back out of interest, I think it worked but I never really used it as I have an SB3 next to the TV which is better. Hope it does what you need...

** UPDATE ** A quick search revealed THIS which may scupper my suggestion

Brgds

Phil
    Thanks Phil!

I did actually mange to get it running in form of add-on: "Squeezebox for Kodi" which required "Multimedia Tools" you mentioned. There was way to even update it and also to patch "Squeezebox for Kodi" add-on so it doesn't stop playback after few seconds. Also tweak of code to rename player permanently.
    So technically I got this in working state but comparing to previous squeezelite on OSMC is little weird: Almost every day I can see player is "powered on" even when no one has used it. Sometimes TV will turn on because of it .. like when transferring queue to different player.. I probably can live with all of that, but was wondering if there is better way other then addon form.. On OSMC squeezelite was in form of "normal" install and was working perfectly without any issues. Thanks
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Thanks Phil!

I did actually mange to get it running in form of add-on: "Squeezebox for Kodi" which required "Multimedia Tools" you mentioned. There was way to even update it and also to patch "Squeezebox for Kodi" add-on so it doesn't stop playback after few seconds. Also tweak of code to rename player permanently.
    So technically I got this in working state but comparing to previous squeezelite on OSMC is little weird: Almost every day I can see player is "powered on" even when no one has used it. Sometimes TV will turn on because of it .. like when transferring queue to different player.. I probably can live with all of that, but was wondering if there is better way other then addon form.. On OSMC squeezelite was in form of "normal" install and was working perfectly without any issues. Thanks
    I need some help setting up squeezelite on my RPi 3b+ running Libreelec. I've already installed both "Multimedia Tools" and "Squeezebox for Kodi" addons, but my LMS can not find the player. Could you tell me how you set it up? Or direct me to find the resources. thanks a lot.

Hey, I'm not sure if I remember anything useful as few months ago moved my KODI to android TV and running squeezelite on PcP since .
    I might still have sd card with old libreelec/squeezelite setup but 100%not sure.. I will try to find it..

I think there was setup required in addon setting.. . Lms ip had to be manually added.. I might be wrong.. Also I do remember some code tweaking to overcome auto pause after 1second.. Most of info was from kodi forum I believe.. Sorry not much help.. When I get chance I will try find smth more specific

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Hey, I'm not sure if I remember anything useful as few months ago moved my KODI to android TV and running squeezelite on PcP since .
    I might still have sd card with old libreelec/squeezelite setup but 100%not sure.. I will try to find it..

I think there was setup required in addon setting.. . Lms ip had to be manually added.. I might be wrong.. Also I do remember some code tweaking to overcome auto pause after 1second.. Most of info was from kodi forum I believe.. Sorry not much help.. When I get chance I will try find smth more specific
    Thanks for the reply, but I've got it working.

For me, I simply removed "Squeezebox for Kodi" addon and kept only "Multimedia tools" addon. Then in SSH console, type "squeezelite" to get it running and everything is working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinpCP View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I've got it working.

For me, I simply removed "Squeezebox for Kodi" addon and kept only "Multimedia tools" addon. Then in SSH console, type "squeezelite" to get it running and everything is working properly.
    Nice, glad you have it sorted