Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Can piCorePlayer play multi channel audio, like 5.1

Hi.

I have a few SACDs and BR Pure audio discs that I have ripped that have 5.1 channels of audio. Can piCorePlayer play these audio files with the right DAC/Hat or is it limited to stereo audio only. I would like to replace the KODI player that I have which I am using for listening to 5.1 ch audio. I have been running piCorePlayer for a few years now and stereo is great in my bedroom and computer room, but would like to enjoy 5.1 ch in the Livingroom with my theatre setup.

Thanks.

Hi bioman88

That's a good question. I am no expert, so please don't take my answer as final.

First you'll need hardware that supports multichannel audio, i.e. probably a multichannel USB DAC. Do you have any specific hardware in mind?

Second, piCorePlayer would need to support that hardware. To the best of my knowledge, none of the supported hardware does this (at the moment).

Best regards,
    Claus

Quote Originally Posted by bioman88 View Post
    Hi.

I have a few SACDs and BR Pure audio discs that I have ripped that have 5.1 channels of audio. Can piCorePlayer play these audio files with the right DAC/Hat or is it limited to stereo audio only. I would like to replace the KODI player that I have which I am using for listening to 5.1 ch audio. I have been running piCorePlayer for a few years now and stereo is great in my bedroom and computer room, but would like to enjoy 5.1 ch in the Livingroom with my theatre setup.

Thanks.
    This has been asked several times here IIRC and IIRC the answer is a straight NO

LMS is strictly 2.0

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    This has been asked several times here IIRC and IIRC the answer is a straight NO

LMS is strictly 2.0

Jeff
    Hi Jeff and thanks for replying.

I used various search terms and could never find an answer. Would have been nice if it could do, but it is a solid project and very happy that there is a group so dedicated to it. I have have sent 2 donations to show my appreciation for all the work. So KODI will stay as my music player in the living room and piCorePlayer all other places.

Take care.

Andy