Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    It feels like a timezone issue - if the difference is clearly a multiple of hours difference

If it is a timezone issue and if you are based in UTC or UTC +1 then -10 hours early would be somewhere like Tokyo or Sydney/Brisbane.
    Agreed-- it DOES seem like a timezone issue. That's why I've verified proper TZ on all devices, routers, access points and the LMS. i must be missing something, but it's escaping me. Further, this behavior appeared suddenly on 2/11. I'm properly set for GMT-5(US Eastern). This setting hasn't changed since 2013.
    dk

Quote Originally Posted by dkfackler View Post
    Timezones for all players and server are correct on mysqueezebox.com
    Just double checking all options even it is irrational. Did you login to www.mysqueezebox.com ? There is no timezone for players or server on mysqueezebox.com - just for the account.

edit:
    PLayer do have timezon, Sorry just the server then.

Does your Max2Play system have a timedatectl command ? If so what is the output ?

Router also rebooted?
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's (SB2, SB3, Boom, Touch)
    Server: LMS on Pi3B+ 8.1.2 on PcP 7.0.1
    Network: Draytek, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, Ubiquiti PoE, 3x Ubiquity

Solved!

It WAS a timezone issue. I'm not sure why things went sideways two days ago, but it's working now. I changed the time zone in Max2Play from "GMT-5", where it's been for my entire Max2Play experience, to "America, New York"-- which is the same as GMT-5-- and the log files now have the proper time stamp(instead of time + ten hours).

Two test alarms have run properly.

Still bumfuzzled, but it's sorted.

Thank you all for the input.

~dk

Quote Originally Posted by dkfackler View Post
    It WAS a timezone issue. I'm not sure why things went sideways two days ago, but it's working now. I changed the time zone in Max2Play from "GMT-5", where it's been for my entire Max2Play experience, to "America, New York"-- which is the same as GMT-5-- and the log files now have the proper time stamp(instead of time + ten hours).

Two test alarms have run properly.

Still bumfuzzled, but it's sorted.

Thank you all for the input.

~dk
    Are you sure it wasn't on GMT+5 . It almost sounds like LMS suddenly switched from -5 to +5.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=slartibartfast;1009674]Are you sure it wasn't on GMT+5 . It almost sounds like LMS suddenly switched from -5 to +5.

I'm not familiar with Max2Play, so don't know why a working setup suddenly changed. Probably an update with a breaking change...
    But the issue looks very much like the timezone was interpreted as "etc/GMT-5". The "etc"-area is a collection of timezones that does not fit into geographical areas. And for some obscure reason they are given the opposite meaning of the +/- offset from GMT.

So "etc/GMT-5" is actually GMT+5 ...

Not sure how you set timezones in Max2Play, but if you use the "America/New_York" this will choose the correct offset. But if you go with GMT you may end up in the "etc/GMT"-area?
    ( another benefit of using the geographical notation is that you will get daylight savings right )
    Last edited by Miles9; 2021-02-14 at 02:48.

M2P doesn’t perform automatic updates, so nothing could change there.

Timezone was most certainly set to etc/GMT-5. It was acting like +5, though. The question remains, why did it spontaneously change? It can remain unanswered. Everything worked properly this AM, so I’m happy.

~dk