Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I really think the Touch MCRU power supply needs a proper mains cable to get the most out of it. I suggest the Audio Acoustics WOW Power Cord (0.83m length) which apparently changes everything, albeit at a cost of £37,200. However there is a used 9 year old one on eBay for £19,990: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDIO-ACO...-/324404591693

Matching digital interconnect is £9,600!

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    I really think the Touch MCRU power supply needs a proper mains cable to get the most out of it. I suggest the Audio Acoustics WOW Power Cord (0.83m length) which apparently changes everything, albeit at a cost of £37,200. However there is a used 9 year old one on eBay for £19,990: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDIO-ACO...-/324404591693

I thought the 9 year old one might cost more as it is fully burnt in.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think I like your watch avatar more than your joke

No joke, just making the point that at which point do you stop. Would a s/h Touch (£60) be markedly improved with a £37,200 mains cable and would putting a MCRU PSU (£599) add or subtract?

"Wow, resonance mains will shift the WHOLE performance envelope of your entire set up not improve aspects alone, a contextual shift in the way you're set up functions, removing bog-standard distortion yet without impact on dynamics and a sense of calm and a sense of unprecedented refinement and class to the whole system."

I was building SB3 linear PSU's back in 2008 and know the difference they can make but today I would forgo the PSU and put the money into a Chord Qutest DAC (£700 s/h) which really ups the game
    Last edited by Heuer; 2021-02-14 at 08:41.

No joke, just making the point that at which point do you stop. Would a s/h Touch (£60) be markedly improved with a £37,200 mains cable and would putting a MCRU PSU (£599) add or subtract?

"Wow, resonance mains will shift the WHOLE performance envelope of your entire set up not improve aspects alone, a contextual shift in the way you're set up functions, removing bog-standard distortion yet without impact on dynamics and a sense of calm and a sense of unprecedented refinement and class to the whole system."

I was building SB3 linear PSU's back in 2008 and know the difference they can make but today I would forgo the PSU and put the money into a Chord Qutest DAC (£700 s/h) which really ups the game
    OK sorry I really thought you were jesting. Funny you should mention the Chord Qutest DAC - I had the choice of the Qutest or an Audio Note 0.1x (which are approx the same price s/h) - I chose the Audio Note.

So I now have the SBT connected to an AN 0.1x - and it seems that the SBT is not holding back the music making abilities of the Audio Note; proving yet again how good the SBT is as a reliable and rock solid performer. Bear in mind also that the AN is a design which eschews any digital manipulation as much as it can (filterless, NOS, simple TDA1543 chip etc) - as well as the aforementioned the AN does not re-clock the incoming signal from the transport - so the transport has to be good!

I have heard great things about the Qutest - but I choose the AN and thus far I feel it was a good choice (although I have not listened to the Qutest even though I own a Mojo).

What's the fuzz about Chords DACs? Sometimes it sound they're the beat since sliced bread.
    Is Mojo yet another magic DAC in the 450 euro bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    This is from Titan Cables. They constantly use "dialectic" instead of "dielectric"
    https://titanaudio.co.uk/pages/why-buy-mains-cables

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    What a collection of ignorance, lies, crap & idioties!
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Enhancing the sound further ?

I am still enjoying the SBT into my AN 0.1x DAC - I'm just wondering though - can any software updates improve the sound quality of the SBT as a transport even further?

I know you can get EDO for USB out - but I am just fine using coax.

I am using the SBT over Wi-Fi.

I agree, I waited a long time for the release and finally received an order last week.

Hi - as per my question further up - is there a software package that can further improve the SBT as a transport via it's coax (not USB) connection?