Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
    Can you instal Docker on your Synology NAS? If so you can run an LMS container within Docker. It works perfectly - no need to rely upon Synology’s versions any more

HB
    Hi HeadBanger:

I have docker installed. What docker LMS container are you using for LMS? I’ve heard of several versions. What version of LMS run?

Thank you very much

JP

Request for Synology to upgradeLMS package to version (8.x)

> I have docker installed. What docker LMS container are you using for
    > LMS? I’ve heard of several versions. What version of LMS run?

Best support you get here for the lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver. It's
    the "official" image. There are threads about it and Synology specifically.

I run the lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver version that Michael refers to and recommends.

There are some good instructions posted here
    There is one small error in them - don't make the playlist folder read only; it needs read/write.

HB
    1 x Duet, 3 x Yamaha Restio, 3 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology DS2419+, Docker and LMS 8.2.0

Thank you very much Michael and Headbanger

I'll take a look at that versión

JP
    Last edited by jotap_66; 2021-02-10 at 05:45.

Quote Originally Posted by jotap_66 View Post
    Thank you very much Michael and Headbanger

I'll take a look at that versión

JP
    I also did the change on my Synology NAS to the docker version. The installation of the official docker version on LMS is pretty easy and runs smooth.
    The only thing is, that not all Synology NAS run docker. See the list here:

https://www.synology.com/de-de/dsm/packages/Docker

Actually the mentionned tutorial worked perfect with me:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post999039

I only added the Timezone (TZ) in the command line and also made the playlist with "rw" to read/write.

Maybe we should start a new Thread for LMS in docker for Synology ;-)
    Synology NAS 2419+ Docker LMS 8.1.1
    2 Squeezebox Touch
    2 Squeezebox Boom
    2 Squeezebox Radio

what will be a new good hardware substitute for running LMS? Picoreplayer?
    I am running the last LMS provided by pinkdot on my Synology. Once I need a newer version, I'll either have to dig into installing LMS in a docker container on the NAS, or alternatively as you propose, run a piCorePlayer with LMS on a Raspberry Pi - the music files can stay on the NAS.

/Claus

Quote Originally Posted by KrissKross View Post
    I also did the change on my Synology NAS to the docker version. The installation of the official docker version on LMS is pretty easy and runs smooth.
    The only thing is, that not all Synology NAS run docker. See the list here:

https://www.synology.com/de-de/dsm/packages/Docker

Actually the mentionned tutorial worked perfect with me:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post999039

I only added the Timezone (TZ) in the command line and also made the playlist with "rw" to read/write.

Maybe we should start a new Thread for LMS in docker for Synology ;-)
    I can’t access the tutorial link. Is correct?

Regards

JP

See if that works
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...039#post999039

Remember Playlist mapping need to be R/W (not read only as in my example)

It terms of permissions, I recently tested in Virtual DSM setting it up from scratch and I hit same problem of docker container stopping after few seconds.. It was however easily solved:
    Here were my steps
    1. Before setting up docker, in DSM control panel I created New Shared Folder "Docker" ( you can use other existing one)
    2. During Docker wizard on Volumes Tab when mapping "/config" folder I selected my new shared folder "Docker" then clicked "New Folder" which I've named "LMS" and selected that as my mapping to "/config".
    At this stage when I've finished wizard and launched container, it was crashing. So one more step was required.
    3. In File Station navigate to your folder "Docker/LMS", right click => Properties, On 2nd tab (Permissions) click "create" .... Select "Owner" in "User or Group" and assigned Write and Read Permissions ( I've also selected "Take ownership")
    Now when you run contained everything should work fine... (it did for me anyway)
    I didn't have to change any permissions in my music folder mapping and as it was only test system I didn't bother with playlist ( I assume it my need same permission trick as it needs to be Read/Write)

Hope that makes sense.. If that's not successful there were others with console tricks to sort permissions problem.. just search forum..

ps. Also my previous tutorial was using host mode for Network as I had conflict with (later realized) stopped Pinkdot's package. I since uninstalled it and changed to bridge mode during LMS update and it works fine with 1 to 1 mapping.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    See if that works
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...039#post999039

Remember Playlist mapping need to be R/W (not read only as in my example)

It terms of permissions, I recently tested in Virtual DSM setting it up from scratch and I hit same problem of docker container stopping after few seconds.. It was however easily solved:
    Here were my steps
    1. Before setting up docker, in DSM control panel I created New Shared Folder "Docker" ( you can use other existing one)
    2. During Docker wizard on Volumes Tab when mapping "/config" folder I selected my new shared folder "Docker" then clicked "New Folder" which I've named "LMS" and selected that as my mapping to "/config".
    At this stage when I've finished wizard and launched container, it was crashing. So one more step was required.
    3. In File Station navigate to your folder "Docker/LMS", right click => Properties, On 2nd tab (Permissions) click "create" .... Select "Owner" in "User or Group" and assigned Write and Read Permissions ( I've also selected "Take ownership")
    Now when you run contained everything should work fine... (it did for me anyway)
    I didn't have to change any permissions in my music folder mapping and as it was only test system I didn't bother with playlist ( I assume it my need same permission trick as it needs to be Read/Write)

Hope that makes sense.. If that's not successful there were others with console tricks to sort permissions problem.. just search forum..

ps. Also my previous tutorial was using host mode for Network as I had conflict with (later realized) stopped Pinkdot's package. I since uninstalled it and changed to bridge mode during LMS update and it works fine with 1 to 1 mapping.
    Thank you very much Jaca!!

JP

Anyway you/Logitech have a very important upgrade Version 8.x.

Support Synology people told me to do the request. But as you explain, I don’t know if they are interested in LMS
    So have you got any response from Synology, yet? Or did we not try at all?

I think trying doesn't hurt. They can simply say, "No".

Ge
    Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1605892076 @ Fri Nov 20 18:28:44 CET 2020 (Pinkdot) on Synology DS216Play [SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO]
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7’’ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1