Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djnagle View Post
    Well I'll be damned. The address just changed arbitrarily? Will that happen again? So I can see the Pi4 on my laptop but not on the monitor that is plugged into it. what does that mean?
    Did you maybe connect by cable first, then switch to wifi, as hinted at by Slartibartfast above? The two interfaces will get given different IP addresses by your router.

The pCP interface that you see in your browser does not show up on the monitor. If you connect a keyboard to the Pi you can hit enter and get a command line on the monitor.

Well I'll be damned. The address just changed arbitrarily? Will that happen again? So I can see the Pi4 on my laptop but not on the monitor that is plugged into it. what does that mean?
    pCP uses your DHCP server to set the IP address, just like most computers.

Read up about DHCP if you want to know permanent an IP address really is.

You can reserve an IP address for the Pi on your router.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

From the first day I connected to it by WiFi. I had it in the system for 2 weeks or so and used it every day then one day I couldn't connect with the address ending in "14"

Maybe I did something in LMS I shouldn't have. I'm putting it back in the system today and will run TIDAL and see if it works with the new address.

From the first day I connected to it by WiFi. I had it in the system for 2 weeks or so and used it every day then one day I couldn't connect with the address ending in "14"

Maybe I did something in LMS I shouldn't have. I'm putting it back in the system today and will run TIDAL and see if it works with the new address.
    The address can change after a reboot. Reserving an IP address on your router is good practice.

OK, I think I actually caused this. I went to LMS to look at all the settings and saw that Bluetooth was turned on. I remembered back and thought I'd try using Bluetooth to control the Pi4 and had to go out of town the next day. The reboot may have changed the address.

Turns out I use wifi on my phone or laptop to control it so I don't need BT anyway.

I found the new address and put the Pi4 back in the system. I can connect to it through my laptop but when I go to play music from any source nothing happens. Any suggestions ???

It happened again. I fired up the system this morning and the IP address must have changed again because I am getting the same message. My question; is there a way to find the new address without taking it out of my system and putting a monitor and keyboard and mouse to it???

hi djnagle,

Determine your piCorePlayer IP address

Also, if you are using pCP7.0.0 you can use "http://hostname.local", which by default is "http://pcp.local"

regards
    Greg

It happened again. I fired up the system this morning and the IP address must have changed again because I am getting the same message. My question; is there a way to find the new address without taking it out of my system and putting a monitor and keyboard and mouse to it???
    As mentioned earlier why don"t you reserve an IP address for the server in your router settings?