Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djnagle
    • Nov 2020

my Pi4 died and can't figure it out.

OK, It boots up and the screen that checks everything and when it goes to to the last line it goes blank and the green light stops flashing. I've left it on for an hour and nothing changes. Here is a pic of the screen just before it goes blank. P.S. I reseated the chip and nothing changes.
    Attached Files
  • Paul Webster
    • Apr 2005

Can you ssh in to the device?
    The IP address is shown on the screen.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• djnagle
      • Nov 2020

I'll try and get back to you. However the reason I started looking into this is it no longer appeared on my list on either my laptop or phone. Just to be clear, SSH means wifi right?

Comment

• Paul Webster
        • Apr 2005

Not necessarily - it could be Ethernet.
        However, from you screen it looks like you have connected by WiFi so that is the way to do it for now.
        Paul Webster
        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• djnagle
          • Nov 2020

when I go to the address on the net, this is the page I get.
          Attached Files

Comment

• chill
            • Mar 2007

The address in your first image is 192.168.0.11

Comment

• slartibartfast
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by chill
              The address in your first image is 192.168.0.11
              I wonder if the Ethernet address was 192.168.0.14 before the WiFi was setup. Some people must get caught out by that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
              Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
              Bedroom: Radio
              Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• chill
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by slartibartfast
                I wonder if the Ethernet address was 192.168.0.14 before the WiFi was setup. Some people must get caught out by that.

Yep - been there, done that.

Comment

• djnagle
                  • Nov 2020

Well I'll be damned. The address just changed arbitrarily? Will that happen again? So I can see the Pi4 on my laptop but not on the monitor that is plugged into it. what does that mean?

Comment

• Greg Erskine
                    • Sep 2006

To me it looks like there is a Bluetooth problem and LMS is failing to completely start. The RPi4B has not dead.

I don't recommend running LMS over wifi (probably old school thinking) unless you are making a stand alone player.

Comment

• chill
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by djnagle
                      Well I'll be damned. The address just changed arbitrarily? Will that happen again? So I can see the Pi4 on my laptop but not on the monitor that is plugged into it. what does that mean?
                      Did you maybe connect by cable first, then switch to wifi, as hinted at by Slartibartfast above? The two interfaces will get given different IP addresses by your router.

The pCP interface that you see in your browser does not show up on the monitor. If you connect a keyboard to the Pi you can hit enter and get a command line on the monitor.

Comment

• Greg Erskine
                        • Sep 2006

pCP uses your DHCP server to set the IP address, just like most computers.

Read up about DHCP if you want to know permanent an IP address really is.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                          • Jan 2010

You can reserve an IP address for the Pi on your router.

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

• djnagle
                            • Nov 2020

From the first day I connected to it by WiFi. I had it in the system for 2 weeks or so and used it every day then one day I couldn't connect with the address ending in "14"

Maybe I did something in LMS I shouldn't have. I'm putting it back in the system today and will run TIDAL and see if it works with the new address.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                              • Jan 2010

From the first day I connected to it by WiFi. I had it in the system for 2 weeks or so and used it every day then one day I couldn't connect with the address ending in "14"

Maybe I did something in LMS I shouldn't have. I'm putting it back in the system today and will run TIDAL and see if it works with the new address.
                              The address can change after a reboot. Reserving an IP address on your router is good practice.

Comment

Working...