Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer v7.0.0: network disk mount -- retry settings not working

Hello,

in the "LMS" config section of piCorePlayer v7.0.0 there is a possibility to define mount points for network shares.
    This gives me a possibility to define the "Maximum wait for remote network at boot."
    The descrption of this config property says:
    During a reboot, pCP will keep retrying to mount network drives for this amount of time. This should be set long enough for the remote system to reboot during a power on event. Retries will be done in 10second intervals.
    However, I do not get this waiting/retry mechanism to work. During the pCP boot phase I see console outputs telling me it attempts to mount the network share for three times with a 10 second waiting period in between. That's it. Whatever value I set for "Maximum wait for remote network at boot." (e.g. 300 seconds), I do not recognize any attempts to mount the network share.

Is this is bug?
    Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers, Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by chrober View Post
    Hello,
    However, I do not get this waiting/retry mechanism to work. During the pCP boot phase I see console outputs telling me it attempts to mount the network share for three times with a 10 second waiting period in between. That's it. Whatever value I set for "Maximum wait for remote network at boot." (e.g. 300 seconds), I do not recognize any attempts to mount the network share.
    Please show me the boot log.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Hi Paul,

thanks for looking into this!

I have just rebooted pCP with my NAS still in its boot phase (i.e. shares not yet available).
    Here's the log file: /var/log/pcp_boot.log

I have currently configured my shares using CIFS (just for testing purposes).
    Originally, I was using NFS but that did not work either (same result, i.e. no mount retries).
    Last edited by chrober; 2021-02-03 at 08:02.