Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is mysqueezebox.com account required for LMS to operate correctly?

I am not sure what the advantages are of having a mysqueezebox.com account? Is it an old Logitech legacy feature? Although I have one registered on my LMS, I do not use the account for anything that I am aware of.

I thought I read somewhere about updates to LMS being notified via the account??? Is this correct?

Thanks.

Been discussed before at length
    For example
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...s-still-in-use
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by humax99 View Post
    I am not sure what the advantages are of having a mysqueezebox.com account? Is it an old Logitech legacy feature? Although I have one registered on my LMS, I do not use the account for anything that I am aware of.

I thought I read somewhere about updates to LMS being notified via the account??? Is this correct?

Thanks.
    you would need it for plugins Pandora. Maybe Tidal too?
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    If you want to use TIDAL on your Squeezebox players you will indeed need a mysqueezebox account. The TIDAL app on mysqueezebox.com is used to connect to your TIDAL account.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Been discussed before at length
    For example
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...s-still-in-use
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    If you want to use TIDAL on your Squeezebox players you will indeed need a mysqueezebox account. The TIDAL app on mysqueezebox.com is used to connect to your TIDAL account.
    Thanks everyone.

So if I do not use any external music services such as Pandora or Tidal, there is no disadvantage in NOT entering a mysqueezebox.com account on LMS? And, if I have read other threads correctly, I will still receive notifications of LMS package updates?

So if I do not use any external music services such as Pandora or Tidal, there is no disadvantage in NOT entering a mysqueezebox.com account on LMS? And, if I have read other threads correctly, I will still receive notifications of LMS package updates?
    I am not an expert, but in my opinion this is correct.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Thanks everyone.

Do you think there is any disadvantage in entering mysqueezebox details in LMS?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly sometime back, somewhere on these forums, Michael H suggested that it was advantageous for players and LMS to still be registered/logged into MySqueezebox.com because it enabled him to report on the continued use of the services that Logitech still provide for the discontinued product line (MySqueezebox.com, forum and maybe even Michael himself) and thus provide a good reason for not pulling the plug on those services.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    If I remember correctly sometime back, somewhere on these forums, Michael H suggested that it was advantageous for players and LMS to still be registered/logged into MySqueezebox.com because it enabled him to report on the continued use of the services that Logitech still provide for the discontinued product line (MySqueezebox.com, forum and maybe even Michael himself) and thus provide a good reason for not pulling the plug on those services.

Kev
    exactly. And once mysqueezebox.com is gone, this forum won't be far behind. Logitech has another official "support" forum, so we're very lucky this one exists.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post

Kev
    exactly. And once mysqueezebox.com is gone, this forum won't be far behind. Logitech has another official "support" forum, so we're very lucky this one exists.
    Those are very good reasons!

I do have the mysqueezebox.com account entered on my system. I am just trying to understand where it fits now. It always shows up in the Favorites list and, even if deleted, reappears in the list after an LMS restart. It is always at the top of the list on the Material Skin interface so I have raised with cpd73 to see if anything can be done.