Where is this tag information coming from?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balbs
    • May 2006

Where is this tag information coming from?

I recently inherited a wonderful 24 disc collection of Stravinsky so used MP3tag to get in onboard - Im fairly used to MP3tag and LMS but this has me a bit stumped - firstly I now have a Russian cyrillic name in artist in LMS which translates to (guess what ) Igor Stravinsky - secondly when I was playing around and duplicated the Album tag to the title tag in MP3tag, and suddenly in LMS all the track information for at least half the cds appeared (that was unexpected but nice!). My question is, where is this data coming from? Its not in the tag information in MP3tag or the extended views and its not in the tag views in LMS, and I havent used any online fetch like Discogs - have I missed something in LMS that is pulling this information (I must admit I dont delve with LMS too much - it normally just works...). And where is it...? Could I use a hex editor to 'find' it? Can I get rid of the annoying translated name?
  • d6jg
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by balbs
    I recently inherited a wonderful 24 disc collection of Stravinsky so used MP3tag to get in onboard - Im fairly used to MP3tag and LMS but this has me a bit stumped - firstly I now have a Russian cyrillic name in artist in LMS which translates to (guess what ) Igor Stravinsky - secondly when I was playing around and duplicated the Album tag to the title tag in MP3tag, and suddenly in LMS all the track information for at least half the cds appeared (that was unexpected but nice!). My question is, where is this data coming from? Its not in the tag information in MP3tag or the extended views and its not in the tag views in LMS, and I havent used any online fetch like Discogs - have I missed something in LMS that is pulling this information (I must admit I dont delve with LMS too much - it normally just works...). And where is it...? Could I use a hex editor to 'find' it? Can I get rid of the annoying translated name?
    Did you bring up the advanced tag view? Alt+T
    Jim

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

• garym
      • May 2008

Originally posted by d6jg
      Did you bring up the advanced tag view? Alt+T
      Also, what tags are in the files. For example, mp3 files could have ID3v2.3, ID3v1, and APE at the same time. Best to use mp3tag options to tell it to keep only one of these then delete the rest. With FLAC should have VORBIS COMMENTS tags, but some odd FLAC files have ID3Vxx tags (incorrectly)
      Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
      Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
      Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
      The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
      Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
      Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• BJW
        • Nov 2012

Read-only forum with answers to the most commonly asked newbie techsupport questions pulled from all the other forums. Check here for basic Winamp support answers before digging into the forums.

I believe LMS will use filename and folder info if it is otherwise missing.

Bottom line, LMS is getting the info from your files one way or the other. The above posts are also on target.
        Using: Win10 64 + LMS 8 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
        http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations

Comment

Working...