Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

ESP32-A1S Audio Kit V2.2

Hello,

I have this little board ESP32-A1S Audio Kit V2.2 exactly the same here : https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1005640
    . I upload the ESP32-A1S.552.master-cmake like mentioned here in the first post : https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post983838
    Honestly, I do not understand anything about this kind of comments you post to adjust the configuration :
    Example :
    spi_config data=13,clk=15,dc=23,host=1
    display_config SPI:width=320,height=240,reset=22,speed=40000000,d river=ILI9341

Backlight BKL = 19
    and so on

For the moment I have good sound on the headphone output whitout changing anything in the software parameters . However, I have connected 2 loudspeakers to the white JST pins on the card, I cannot get sound on these outputs.
    Is it possible to connect loudspeakers to these white JST outputs and have sound of course ? What additional configuration is required ?

Thanks
    - DAC32 (polyvection) + turntable : Thorens TD190-2 + CD player : Marantz CD5004 + K7 player : Toshiba +ampli : Marantz PM7001 + speaker : Magnat Quantum 1005.
    - Raspberry 2 + Ampli-dac : Alientek D8 + speaker : Magnat Quantum Edelstein
    - Daphile on Acer_Aspire_One + Ampli-dac : Advance Acoustic A60 + Speaker : Elipson Studio Pro

go to IP address of your device with a browser

In the menu at the top, select 'Credits'
    On that page under Extras/Overrides: enable 'Show NVS Editor'

In the top menu, there is now a new selection 'NVS Editor'. Click that.
    Find the line 'set_GPIO' and enter this value: 21=amp,39=jack:0

That worked for me at least...
    It can be very loud, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by nenu View Post
    go to IP address of your device with a browser

In the menu at the top, select 'Credits'
    On that page under Extras/Overrides: enable 'Show NVS Editor'

In the top menu, there is now a new selection 'NVS Editor'. Click that.
    Find the line 'set_GPIO' and enter this value: 21=amp,39=jack:0

That worked for me at least...
    It can be very loud, by the way.
    ho! it works
    Thank you very much
    - DAC32 (polyvection) + turntable : Thorens TD190-2 + CD player : Marantz CD5004 + K7 player : Toshiba +ampli : Marantz PM7001 + speaker : Magnat Quantum 1005.
    - Daphile on Acer_Aspire_One + Ampli-dac : Advance Acoustic A60 + Speaker : Elipson Studio Pro

Re,
    So I now the sound comes from the speaker , nice.
    and now, if I want to have my computer connect to the LineIN to listen to the sound of the computer ,
    currently i can hear the computer if lms is sending music to the receiver card. then both music sources play at the same time. If I stop music from lms this stop the sound from the computer too
    how turn it on and switch off the squeezelite ?

Quote Originally Posted by sitro0 View Post
    Re,
    So I now the sound comes from the speaker , nice.
    and now, if I want to have my computer connect to the LineIN to listen to the sound of the computer ,
    currently i can hear the computer if lms is sending music to the receiver card. then both music sources play at the same time. If I stop music from lms this stop the sound from the computer too
    how turn it on and switch off the squeezelite ?
    I have not developed the line-in code for the AC101 codec.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

How to burn Squeezelite-esp32 into ESP32-A1S?

Quote Originally Posted by sitro0 View Post
    I have this little board ESP32-A1S Audio Kit V2.2
    Hello, could you spread some lights on how to burn Squeezelite-esp32 onto the board? I'm not engineer and totally new to this subject, even not quite understand how to connect the board with computer 5 minutes ago, so a step by step will be appreciated.

I have ESP32-A1S Audio Kit V2.2 2762, some quick questions:

1) Should I install ESP32-ADF? I don't want to compile it from source.

2) The OS I have are MacOS and Arch Linux, do I need to install other OS?

Some personal background:

I have been with Linux for over 10 years, familiar with command line but not code, Git or GitHub is ok to me, totally new to music especially hifi hardware.

Thanks in advance.

jazzi

This is what worked for me:

* download and install USB drivers:
    https://www.silabs.com/developers/us...ge-vcp-drivers

* download and unzip flash_download_tool_v3.8.5:
    https://www.espressif.com/en/support...ad/other-tools

* download firmware .zip file (not just .bin) and unzip where you can find it:
    https://github.com/sle118/squeezelit...2.master-cmake

* Connect the ESP32-A1S to your computer with USB and run flash_download_tool_3.8.5.exe
    start the 'Developer Mode'
    select 'ESP32 DownloadTool'

Enter the parameters as in this screenshot (not mine):
    Name:  Screen Shot 07-21-20 at 12.18 PM.PNG
Views: 313
Size:  77.8 KB
    You will find the .bin files in the folder where you extracted the firmware.
    Closely mind the addresses, 0x10000 is not the same as 0x1000
    The COM port will likely be different, you probably should leave it as is.

Press 'Start' at the bottom.
    Wait a few minutes.

Power off/on the ESP32-A1S
    A new Wifi network will appear, SqueezeESP-something
    Connect to that and go from there.

Note: not to detract from anybodies efforts on SqueezeLite-ESP32, but it may take a fair amount of perseverance to get it to work. If you are not willing to do that, PiCorePlayer on a RaspberryPi is a much more straightforward experience. But it surely does work and has a few advantages over a Raspberry.
    Last edited by nenu; 2021-01-30 at 09:24.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzi View Post
    Hello, could you spread some lights on how to burn Squeezelite-esp32 onto the board? I'm not engineer and totally new to this subject, even not quite understand how to connect the board with computer 5 minutes ago, so a step by step will be appreciated.

I have ESP32-A1S Audio Kit V2.2 2762, some quick questions:

1) Should I install ESP32-ADF? I don't want to compile it from source.

2) The OS I have are MacOS and Arch Linux, do I need to install other OS?

Some personal background:

I have been with Linux for over 10 years, familiar with command line but not code, Git or GitHub is ok to me, totally new to music especially hifi hardware.

Thanks in advance.

jazzi
    I did it on my personnal computer running under Debian 10. I'm in transit not at home, so from my memory I did this :
    1/ install esptool with a simple apt install esptool (or something similar) I guess that on Mac or ArchLinux it is not more complicated, but you have to find the right command and package name.
    2/ get the software build in tar.gz (or zip) from https://github.com/sle118/squeezelit...A1S-V0.552.zip
    -this Url is linked in the first post https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post983838 but inside github it is a fucking way to find the good build) (today, but release number should increment with new development)
    2-a/ uncompress the file to have the hierarchical folder build with files to be flashed.
    3/ plug your board to computer with a wire : the wire is Micro USB Type B (the same as 1 year old smartphones) plugged in the UART of the board. Side PC wire is standard USB type A plugged to a standard computer
    3-a/ Look with dmesg command the new device tty on the linux PC : probably /dev/ttyUSB0 or something similar

4/ then run the command read in the previous post :
    Code:
    python ${IDF_PATH}/components/esptool_py/esptool/esptool.py --chip esp32 --port ${ESPPORT} --baud ${ESPBAUD} --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect 0xd000 ota_data_initial.bin 0x1000 bootloader.bin 0x10000 recovery.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin
    You have to change PATH of esptool.py (some where in /usr/share/esptool/ on debian ), device name, speed of device, and some files names (if I remember partition.bin is not the exact name rather partition_table.bin and it is in the subfolder Build/partition_table )
    so if you are in the build folder uncompressed previously the command must be something like :
    Code:
    python /usr/share/esptool/esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/ttyUSB0--baud 115200 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect 0xd000 ota_data_initial.bin 0x1000  ./bootloader/bootloader.bin 0x10000 recovery.bin 0x8000  ./partition_table/partition-table.bin
    That's all folk
    Last edited by sitro0; 2021-01-30 at 09:47.

Not visible to LMS

Thanks for the detailed help, it works, now my ESP32-A1S has connected to my wifi and can access it through IP address.

The problem is the LMS can not find it and the build-in access point is not disabled, my PC wifi scan still can find the access point.

Has rebooted ESP32-A1S for several times but didn't work.

Do I need to some something to let it visible to LMS?

Thanks.

Do you have any other LMS players connecting to your LMS from systems other than the one where LMS is running?

Is LMS running on Windows?

If the answers are "No" and "Yes" then it might be a Windows firewall issue.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland