Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Dynamic Playlist plug-in - can't find it

I had to re-install LMS and Dynamic Playlist was one of the plug-ins I used often. Unfortunately, I don't see it anymore under the 3rd Party Plug-ins list. Does someone know the URL for the Additional Repositories form? Or how I can manually download and install it?

Quote Originally Posted by dbinder101 View Post
    I had to re-install LMS and Dynamic Playlist was one of the plug-ins I used often. Unfortunately, I don't see it anymore under the 3rd Party Plug-ins list. Does someone know the URL for the Additional Repositories form? Or how I can manually download and install it?
    Which version of LMS have you installed?

On the plugins page, if you scroll right down to the bottom, do you see a checkbox with a "WARNING - These are 3rd Party Plugins not guaranteed to work under the current version of Logitech Media Server. They've been abandoned by their authors and are no longer maintained. Worst case they could break your Logitech Media Server. Use at your own risk" ?

If yes, that maybe where your plugin is hiding.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Which version of LMS have you installed?

On the plugins page, if you scroll right down to the bottom, do you see a checkbox with a "WARNING - These are 3rd Party Plugins not guaranteed to work under the current version of Logitech Media Server. They've been abandoned by their authors and are no longer maintained. Worst case they could break your Logitech Media Server. Use at your own risk" ?

If yes, that maybe where your plugin is hiding.
    I am using LMS version 8.0.1

There is a link at the bottom of plug-in page (not a checkbox) that brings you to the very outdated LMS Repositories list. The xml for Ehrland's repositories is no longer valid. :-(

I am using LMS version 8.0.1

There is a link at the bottom of plug-in page (not a checkbox) that brings you to the very outdated LMS Repositories list. The xml for Ehrland's repositories is no longer valid. :-(
    In LMS 8.2 you can install Erland's plugins at your own risk by ticking the check box referred to in the other post.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    In LMS 8.2 you can install Erland's plugins at your own risk by ticking the check box referred to in the other post.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    OK, updated to 8.2 and was able to download Dynamic Playlist...that's the good news (and thank you for pointing me in the right direction). The bad news: as you mentioned about the risk, LMS crashed and I was not able to recover, so I had to go back to version 8.0.

So, of course, my next question is: has anyone been successful in running Dynamic Playlist/Dynamic Mix in version 8.2?

Dynamic Playlist plug-in - can't find it

> The bad news: as you mentioned about the risk, LMS crashed and I was not
    > able to recover, so I had to go back to version 8.0.

How did LMS "crash"? Any famous last words in server.log?

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > The bad news: as you mentioned about the risk, LMS crashed and I was not
    > able to recover, so I had to go back to version 8.0.

How did LMS "crash"? Any famous last words in server.log?
    I should have looked at the log, but I didn't. I'll install 8.2 again and make sure to look at it if it crashes again.

I should have looked at the log, but I didn't. I'll install 8.2 again and make sure to look at it if it crashes again.
    If it just hanged and didnít crash it could be related to the refresh operation in TrackStat if you have TrackStat installed. It has been known to hang for a while in large libraries and the result is that it looks like LMS never gets accessible after it has been started. The refresh can be disabled in the TrackStat settings page, either completely or partly by disabling musicbrainz support. Often itís the refresh part related to musicbrainz tags that cause longest hang.

I havenít seen anyone else saying that Dynamic Playlist plugin cause LMS to crash and I suspect you arenít the first one to use it with 8.2 so itís probably something specific in your setup thatís causing the issue. However, as Michael says, the server.log should tell us more.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    If it just hanged and didnít crash it could be related to the refresh operation in TrackStat if you have TrackStat installed. It has been known to hang for a while in large libraries and the result is that it looks like LMS never gets accessible after it has been started. The refresh can be disabled in the TrackStat settings page, either completely or partly by disabling musicbrainz support. Often itís the refresh part related to musicbrainz tags that cause longest hang.

I havenít seen anyone else saying that Dynamic Playlist plugin cause LMS to crash and I suspect you arenít the first one to use it with 8.2 so itís probably something specific in your setup thatís causing the issue. However, as Michael says, the server.log should tell us more.
    Not sure what I did different, but I installed 8.2 again, downloaded the plug-ins, went thru the settings, and, lo and behold, it's working perfectly!

Thanks to everyone for helping me out.