Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Issue with LMS 8.1.1 and Spotify

I had LMS upgrade to 8.1.1 yesterday, since then playlist from Spotify is no longer playing fully. Intermittently, after a song or few, audio stops while on Spotify app I see the song is playing. On Spotify app it shows Transporter as the device but transporter doesn't play anything, no activity. Also I have set Spotify for non-stop music even that is no longer working.

Either LMS or the Spotty plug-in is broken with the upgrade.

Is anyone facing the same problem and able to find a fix? Please share.

Quote Originally Posted by music4joy View Post
    I had LMS upgrade to 8.1.1 yesterday, since then playlist from Spotify is no longer playing fully. Intermittently, after a song or few, audio stops while on Spotify app I see the song is playing. On Spotify app it shows Transporter as the device but transporter doesn't play anything, no activity. Also I have set Spotify for non-stop music even that is no longer working.

Either LMS or the Spotty plug-in is broken with the upgrade.

Is anyone facing the same problem and able to find a fix? Please share.
    Appears to be an issue with LMS dropping connecrion. I see the app refreshing as if the player got disconnected and reconnecting.

Please go to Spotty's settings and create a client ID if you haven't
    yet. See instructions at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Please go to Spotty's settings and create a client ID if you haven't
    yet. See instructions at the bottom.
    Thank you Michael. I created a client ID and added to LMS settings. I will let you know how it goes.

Was there a change in the recent update otherwise without client ID it was working fine in the previous LMS as well as Spotty plug-in.

> Was there a change in the recent update otherwise without client ID it
    > was working fine in the previous LMS as well as Spotty plug-in.

The change was likely the number of users :-). Plus the library
    integration in LMS which is causing additional load on Spotify's
    servers. These two factors together likely were too much for a single
    client ID for everybody, they started blocking it.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Was there a change in the recent update otherwise without client ID it
    > was working fine in the previous LMS as well as Spotty plug-in.

The change was likely the number of users :-). Plus the library
    integration in LMS which is causing additional load on Spotify's
    servers. These two factors together likely were too much for a single
    client ID for everybody, they started blocking it.
    Hi Michael, even with client ID I see the issue. It disconnects intermittently. Strange thing is I see on desktop app the songs in the playlist show playing (progress bar shows its playing) on transporter, however, transporter is abruptly disconnected. If I pause and play or try to click on devices and select transporter it reconnects and start to play. After a while again transporter goes to sleep, spotify still continue to show playing on transporter.

My transporter is hard wired to the same network switch as the desktop so it's not the network, some negotiation between software is the problem.

Hi Michael, even with client ID I see the issue. It disconnects intermittently. Strange thing is I see on desktop app the songs in the playlist show playing (progress bar shows its playing) on transporter, however, transporter is abruptly disconnected. If I pause and play or try to click on devices and select transporter it reconnects and start to play. After a while again transporter goes to sleep, spotify still continue to show playing on transporter.

My transporter is hard wired to the same network switch as the desktop so it's not the network, some negotiation between software is the problem.
    Michael I don't think it is your plug-in causing the issue as much LMS 8.1.1 update. I see Squeezer app on Android disconnecting and reconnecting within a fraction of second. When this happens whatever search string I am typing is getting wiped. This is the recent behavior after 8.1.1 upgrade. I think that could be the cause of the issue.

Michael I don't think it is your plug-in causing the issue as much LMS 8.1.1 update. I see Squeezer app on Android disconnecting and reconnecting within a fraction of second. When this happens whatever search string I am typing is getting wiped. This is the recent behavior after 8.1.1 upgrade. I think that could be the cause of the issue.
    Please post a server log that will help us have an idea where to increase log verbosity and tell what is your configuration (OS, Perl, CPU, environment)
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Please post a server log that will help us have an idea where to increase log verbosity and tell what is your configuration (OS, Perl, CPU, environment)
    Hi Philippe, I installed 8.1.2 a while ago. So far it is stable haven't seen the issue. As soon as I encounter the issue again will post more details. Thank you for stepping in quickly and following up.

Appreciate all your and Michael's effort keeping LMS and Logitech products alive.

Hi Philippe, I installed 8.1.2 a while ago. So far it is stable haven't seen the issue. As soon as I encounter the issue again will post more details. Thank you for stepping in quickly and following up.

Appreciate all your and Michael's effort keeping LMS and Logitech products alive.
    It appeared again but this time in a different for. This time Spotify desktop app shows it's paused. I do not see anything logged in server log or scanner logs. I will not get to it until the weekend but something weird has started with Spotify.