Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Artwork, most of it anyway, has disappeared from LMS

Everything has been working fine on LMS, with artwork displaying properly. I edited some tags earlier tonight and did a total rescan, and now only a few of my albums, mostly early in the listings are showing artwork. I tried restarting the computer (iMac), and that caused the artwork for the song that had been playing when I initiated the restart to appear, but no others. I have tried rescans of new and changed files and a total rescan, but the artwork does not show up with the albums. All of my artwork is stored within album files, titled "cover.jpg." This has not been a problem, but some setting must have changed that is causing this issue. Any suggestions?

Here is information displayed: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.6 - 1521467459 @ Thu Mar 29 16:49:33 CEST 2018
    Total Images: 904
    Total Videos: 0
    Total Tracks: 9,917
    Total Albums: 916
    Total Artists: 380
    Total Genres: 21
    Total Playing Time: 679:04:51
    Last edited by Kyle; 2021-01-25 at 19:52.
    Regards,
    Jim

Artwork, most of it anyway,has disappeared from LMS

Do yourself a favor and update your LMS. It's three years old.

https://www.mysqueezebox.com/download

I appreciate the advice, but any idea why my version of LMS suddenly has a problem with the artwork? Any other suggestions as to what I might try?
    Regards,
    Jim

I updated to the latest LMS, and the problem is solved. Thanks, mherger.
    Regards,
    Jim

I have the same problem with 8.1.2. If I have a bunch of playlists operational with artwork displayed and then do a complete rescan of my media the artwork disappears from many of the playlists. In some cases if I restart the squeezeserver the artwork will reappear but in other playlists the artwork will not reappear. In those cases I have to clear the playlist and create a new playlist before the artwork reappears.

Is there a way to force a playlist to reload the artwork after a full rescan?

Artwork, most of it anyway,has disappeared from LMS

> Is there a way to force a playlist to reload the artwork after a full
    > rescan?

Let's first try to understand what's going on. Is there anything
    particular in server.log or scanner.log? Does the scan even finish
    correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Is there a way to force a playlist to reload the artwork after a full
    > rescan?

Let's first try to understand what's going on. Is there anything
    particular in server.log or scanner.log? Does the scan even finish
    correctly?
    The scan completes successfully according to the info page. I don't see anything in the scanner or server logs that indicates a problem. I have LMS do the caching of the artwork and that seems to work OK but there are some messages about a playlist that I created that has a reference to album tracks that I removed from my server - this is reported as a missing playlist. It's just the display of artwork in existing client playlists that seems to fail. If I clear and load the playlist then the artwork gets displayed.

Something is Broken...

Yes, artwork has semi-disappeared. iPeng control of SBT isn't responding as usual. All the apps don't appear. Streaming is intermittent.

I'm using 8.1.2 March 6th. But I see there's an 8.2.0 March 6th. That hasn't hit my LMS yet.
    Last edited by DanSmedra; 2021-03-11 at 10:32.
    Music Sources: TIDAL & Spotify > LMS 8.1.2 > Three SBTs controlled using iPeng 9.7.4 app on iOS devices.
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers
    Library: SB Touch(2) > Wyred mINT > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Big Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Dayton Audio amp > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL > iPhone > Bose Mini BT speaker.

On my LMS server I only use WAV files with m3u playlists. I use a directory structure of "GENRE/ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACKNUM TITLE" which is used to guess the tags. In each album directory I have a cover art file "cover.jpg".

I set up a new Xubuntu 20.02 system and installed LMS 8.1.1. On another host using a Firefox browser tab using the default skin I went through the initial setup and set the tag guess setting as above, set the media directory and playlist directory and then did a full rescan of the media. After it completed successfully, I started a squeezelite player on a third host and created a playlist for that player. The playlist was populated and displayed the cover artwork correctly.

I did not start playing the playlist but again did a full rescan of the media. After it completed, the cover art was still displayed correctly even after refreshing the browser tab. I closed the tab and reopened it and still good.

Later I did an update scan of the media and after it completed, I checked the browser playlist display and everything looked good. But after I refreshed the browser tab all of the cover art disappeared from the display and just the no cover art icon was used for every playlist entry. Multiple refreshes failed to retrieve the artwork:

Name:  no-artwork.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  107.4 KB

I then restarted LMS and returned to the browser tab and there was no art work showing. I then refreshed the tab and all of the artwork returned:

Name:  good-artwork.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  116.3 KB

I tried repeating the process of scanning and found that if I do a full rescan followed by an update scan the artwork disappears.

The artwork reappears if I restart LMS or clear the playlist and add a new one.

I also experienced a partial loss of artwork after doing a full scan followed by an update scan followed by a full scan:

Name:  missing-artwork.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  117.3 KB

I seem to be able to reproduce this effect consistently though not always with the same results on in the exact same fashion.

I turned off pre-caching of artwork in LMS and that seems to avoid the disappearance of artwork in the browser playlists.