Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Absolute Classic Hits US Offline?

I enjoyed listening to this IR station on both LMS & Squeezebox.com. Over the last few days I am no longer able to access this radio station on either of the two platforms, although tuning in directly on my Desktop PC using the TuneIn app works perfectly.

Absolute Classic Hits US (also known as JimFM) on the web-based Tunein url: https://player.radiocoalition.org/allwebradio?station=2

I am wondering whether anyone else can access this station on LMS, if so, please share the url.

TIA,

Eric

Looks like the URLs which Tunein provides are not working.

This is the URL which plays from Website http://streaming.live365.com/b53479_128mp3

Thank you bpa, that works perfectly! I submitted the link in my opening post for Absolute Classic Hits' web site, not Tunein as I incorrectly stated.

I have to ask: How do you find the streaming info? On web-based Tunein the link is broken and does not play, yet if I click on your link it streams perfectly.

FWIW, I use Firefox on Windows 10.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ews2k View Post
    Thank you bpa, that works perfectly! I submitted the link in my opening post for Absolute Classic Hits' web site, not Tunein as I incorrectly stated.

I have to ask: How do you find the streaming info? On web-based Tunein the link is broken and does not play, yet if I click on your link it streams perfectly.

FWIW, I use Firefox on Windows 10.
    Open web page in Broswer - make sure stream is not playing.

From Firefox "hamburger" menu (top RHS) open - "Web Developer" - "Network"

Click the "play" icon to start stream playing.
    Debugger windows will show network activity - after sounds has started playing - then click stop playing icon.

In the Network window below, you'll see two lines under Domain with a red bars (i.e. these have been stopped) - these are the GET URLs fetched by browser to play audio (initiator media) - the top one is usually the highest level URL (i.e. before redirection to a CDN and maybe a playlist)

Always good to try an URL without trailing parameters as these are often session specific. For some Media URLs such parameters may be essential (e.g. expiry/start time in EPOCH time) to play a stream - not so in JimFM case

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Open web page in Broswer - make sure stream is not playing.

From Firefox "hamburger" menu (top RHS) open - "Web Developer" - "Network"

Click the "play" icon to start stream playing.
    Debugger windows will show network activity - after sounds has started playing - then click stop playing icon.

In the Network window below, you'll see two lines under Domain with a red bars (i.e. these have been stopped) - these are the GET URLs fetched by browser to play audio (initiator media) - the top one is usually the highest level URL (i.e. before redirection to a CDN and maybe a playlist)
    Check - but it will not play in the native tunein web browser in Firefox, I do get this playlist url though, but copying and pasting this also results in no audio stream:
    http://94media.net/stations/jimfm/jim128.pls

I was expecting so see the url that you had posted, which works. FWIW, Adblocker is disabled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ews2k View Post
    Check - but it will not play in the native tunein web browser in Firefox, I do get this playlist url though, but copying and pasting this also results in no audio stream:
    http://94media.net/stations/jimfm/jim128.pls

I was expecting so see the url that you had posted, which works. FWIW, Adblocker is disabled as well.
    I started from the Jimfm station URL you posted in #1 not from Tunein

Ah, OK, will give that a whirl. Thanks :-)

-Eric