Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Stick a Chromecast into the Boom's line in?
    I'd still have to fiddle around with the Boom to switch the input to line in??

Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    I'd still have to fiddle around with the Boom to switch the input to line in??
    Aw . . what a pity.

I don't know how old you are, or if you remember a song by Zager and Evans - In The Year 2525?

"In the year 5555
    your arms are hanging limp at your sides,
    your legs got nothing to do,
    some machines doing that for you . . . "

It's coming!
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Aw . . what a pity.

I don't know how old you are, or if you remember a song by Zager and Evans - In The Year 2525?

"In the year 5555
    your arms are hanging limp at your sides,
    your legs got nothing to do,
    some machines doing that for you . . . "

It's coming!
    Ah yes I remember it well ;0)

There is also this option which if you can get it to work would do what you want but it’s highly complex to set up and configure and I’m not sure whether it still works - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...of-LMS-Players
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

If you’re not married to the Google Home them flog it and get an Amazon Echo. What you want to do is a standard feature of the MediaServer LMS skill.

Tell MediaServer to always assume ‘Kitchen Boom’.
    Tell MediaServer to Play favorite ‘Seaside FM’.

Audio comes from the Boom via WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    If you’re not married to the Google Home them flog it and get an Amazon Echo. What you want to do is a standard feature of the MediaServer LMS skill.

Tell MediaServer to always assume ‘Kitchen Boom’.
    Tell MediaServer to Play favorite ‘Seaside FM’.

Audio comes from the Boom via WiFi.
    it seems it's about time for me to bring back my old Echo to life and test your Alexa Skill.
    I moved away from Alexa as the French version is quite bad compared to Google Assistant. Any chance to see your great dev being ported one day to GA?
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.1 - 1606928904 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    it seems it's about time for me to bring back my old Echo to life and test your Alexa Skill.
    I moved away from Alexa as the French version is quite bad compared to Google Assistant. Any chance to see your great dev being ported one day to GA?
    I’ve never even looked at how much effort it might be to port to GA. For LMS-lite I did not use any Amazon SDKs and I just create the raw JSON responses myself in Python. MediaServer uses Amazon ASK in nodejs to create all the JSON so it would depend on whether GA has equivalent functionality in nodejs.

The thing is, it’s hardly worth it for the tiny numbers of people using voice control with LMS. If you are a GA or Siri fan, it won’t break the bank to get a used Echo just for controlling LMS via Alexa. A used Dot 2 goes for €20. You won’t die from having Alexa in your house aswell

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    There is also this option which if you can get it to work would do what you want but it’s highly complex to set up and configure and I’m not sure whether it still works - https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...of-LMS-Players
    I'm actually a Home Assistant user so this looks very interesting. The only problem is that I use a very old HA release (0.65.0) which does not have an "Integrations" menu on the UI so I would probably need to go through a very lengthy process to migrate to the latest release (and fix all of the things in my current config that won't work any more). And that's before I get to configuring this!

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    I’ve never even looked at how much effort it might be to port to GA. For LMS-lite I did not use any Amazon SDKs and I just create the raw JSON responses myself in Python. MediaServer uses Amazon ASK in nodejs to create all the JSON so it would depend on whether GA has equivalent functionality in nodejs.

The thing is, it’s hardly worth it for the tiny numbers of people using voice control with LMS. If you are a GA or Siri fan, it won’t break the bank to get a used Echo just for controlling LMS via Alexa. A used Dot 2 goes for €20. You won’t die from having Alexa in your house aswell
    That's strange that there is only a tiny number of people willing to use voice control for their SB devices. I really think this is the only missing feature.
    Is MediaServer available in limited countries? I can't find it on the Skill section?
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.1 - 1606928904 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    That's strange that there is only a tiny number of people willing to use voice control for their SB devices. I really think this is the only missing feature.
    Is MediaServer available in limited countries? I can't find it on the Skill section?
    I tried the Alexa control by phillchillbill and it works fine at a level but not at the level I need and I suspect not at the level others also need. Try telling Alexa that you want to play Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon and you’ll probably get a decent response but try telling her you want to play Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon 1992 release from the Shine On box set or the second disc from the Experience Edition and you’ll struggle.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS