Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    >
    Fishbone?!?! Nokia770?!?! What ancient LMS version are you running?
    These skins have long gone... I'd say since LMS 7.6?
    When I first looked, I was surprised to find those skins in the dropdown, but they are there. This is on the latest 8.2.0 nightly (well, that was yesterday, so it was still the previous nightly). LMS is running on a Raspberry Pi, installed from scratch a week ago. I did not migrate settings from my previous installation on a different machine and architecture.

So I assumed that those skins are still included in a fresh installation. If not, how would I have gotten them?
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

How to download detailedinformation about the currently played track via html

> So I assumed that those skins are still included in a fresh
    > installation. If not, how would I have gotten them?

Only Classic, Default, Light (EN) are part of LMS. The others must come
    from elsewhere.

--

Michael

from elsewhere.
    A mystery, then. Is there anything I might have done that would have caused those old skins to turn up on a new installation? I did NOT move the cache folder to the new machine, or anything else that I can think of. Both installations of LMS were online at the same time, briefly.

If this is something you want to track down, I'll do whatever I can. Maybe this discussion should move to another thread? But if I'm the only one experiencing this, it may not be important enough to bother with, and that's okay with me. So far as I can tell, it's not causing any problem. It's just a puzzle.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

from elsewhere.

--

Michael
    I have one called FR whatever that is.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by payong View Post
    @Daverz

What I'm trying to do? I've build DAC and i can display on LCD display information form USB to I2S interface (amanero) about incoming form Daphile strem: stream type PCM/DSD and item sampling rate, DAC volume. This information are from output of Daphile which uses LMS. But I'm trying to get information about input stream to Daphile. Because sometimes I'have made some conversion of input stream.
    To get information from USB/I2S interface and set some DAC features I'm using ESP32 kit. There is a WiFi module to connect with Daphile

@mherger

I'll try with Json querry.
    Thanks for the details.

The CLI documentation under "Help -> Technical Information" on the Default skin main page documents most of the calls that can be used with the JSONRPC interface.

http://<lms url>:9000/Default/html/docs/cli-api.html

Googling "squeezebox json api" brings up some more useful docs and forum threads.

Note that it is easier to use the status call with tags to get track info all at once rather than the songinfo call to get detailed track info, e.g.

["status", "0", "100", "tags:adl"]

There's also an undocumented trackinfo call that can return details status or songinfo won't in some cases, e.g.:

["trackinfo", "items", "0", "100", "track_id:8954"]

@Daverz

Thanks for the clue. CLI works with telnet and I got what I want to get

Now i have to try to implement in ESP32 with arduino (arduino because current application was written with this). I wonder if it is possible

Quote Originally Posted by payong View Post
    @Daverz

Thanks for the clue. CLI works with telnet and I got what I want to get

Now i have to try to implement in ESP32 with arduino (arduino because current application was written with this). I wonder if it is possible
    Yeah, the telnet return strings are a little harder to parse than the JSON return values. But once you get what you need, not much reason to rewrite your code.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverz View Post
    Yeah, the telnet return strings are a little harder to parse than the JSON return values. But once you get what you need, not much reason to rewrite your code.
    No, no. I was testing with PuTTY not with my application. So now I must write code.

OK. I'm after testing comunnication by Visual Studio C# application and everything works fine. Now i'll try to port this solution to arduino ide.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    A mystery, then. Is there anything I might have done that would have caused those old skins to turn up on a new installation? I did NOT move the cache folder to the new machine, or anything else that I can think of. Both installations of LMS were online at the same time, briefly.
    Same here. I have all those and a bunch more ("FishboneCB", "FR", etc..). I did a clean install recently and also don't think I copied the cache or settings folder..