Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zzzap
    • Jul 2009

JSON response can't be parsed as XML

LMS 8.1.0 - Trying to parse JSON respons with JavaScript. Firefox Console report
    "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed"
    I've tried to force response to (text/xml) and even manually loaded the responseText into DOMParser() with the same error.

Wonder if other have similar problem with the JSON repsonse? And possible workaround?

request:
    Code:
    {"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["00:04:20:26:2a:25",["status","-",1,"tags:aulyB"]]}
    response:
    Code:
    {"result":{"digital_volume_control":0,"seq_no":"47","player_connected":1,"can_seek":1,"playlist_cur_index":"5","rate":1,"playlist_timestamp":1611020450.26858,"playlist mode":"off","mode":"stop","playlist_tracks":19,"power":1,"player_name":"Stue Touch","playlist repeat":0,"time":0,"mixer volume":100,"playlist shuffle":0,"player_ip":"192.168.10.51:46056","playlist_loop":[{"artist":"PolyGram","year":"0","id":94136,"album":"1998 - Reklame Klassikere","title":"I Just Want to Make Love to You - Etta Jones","playlist index":5,"url":"file:///srv/dev-disk-by-label-Musikk-HDD/4GBs/wav/Diverse/PolyGram/1998%20-%20Reklame%20Klassikere/06%20-%20I%20Just%20Want%20to%20Make%20Love%20to%20You%20-%20Etta%20Jones.wav"}],"signalstrength":0,"duration":222},"method":"slim.request","params":["00:04:20:26:2a:25",["status","-",1,"tags:aulyB"]],"id":1}

Actual Javascript formated request string used for POST:
    Code:
    var request = "{\"id\":1,\"method\":\"slim.request\",\"params\":[\"00:04:20:26:2a:25\",[\"status\",\"-\",1,\"tags:aulyB\"]]}";
  • Paul Webster
    • Apr 2005

However, it is JSON not XML ... so why is it trying to parse as XML?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• zzzap
      • Jul 2009

duh... what I feel now are not suitable for print.

I got lost in my way thought w3schools documentation. Thanks for setting me straight. w3schools do actually have a whole chapter on the differences.

Make sure NOT to use overrideMimeType("text/xml") then use JSON.parse(this.responseText) silenced the Console error detection.

Comment

• Paul Webster
        • Apr 2005

Easily happens.

I spent a few minutes yesterday trying to work out why some JavaScript wasn't working ... and in the end spotted that I it was the only line in that chunk of code with a semi-colon at the end ... I then remembered that this particular application is not in JavaScript but in VBScript.
        Paul Webster
        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Working...