Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,442

    5" Touchscreen display that works with Jivelite right out of the box.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    OSOYOO IPS 5” DSI Portable Touch Screen Display Monitor for Raspberry Pi 4 3 2 Model A B

    Worked right out of the box, touch screen and all. Make sure the rotation is set at 0 in Jivelite and note the DSI cable is different from others I have. The connections seemed reversed on one end.

    Howard

  2. #2
    Senior Member Greg Erskine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,178
    Good to know.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    Worked right out of the box, touch screen and all. Make sure the rotation is set at 0 in Jivelite and note the DSI cable is different from others I have. The connections seemed reversed on one end.
    That looks cool. But is it indeed powered through the IPS cable? No other power supply needed...?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,442
    Correct. Works great.


    Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    That looks cool. But is it indeed powered through the IPS cable? No other power supply needed...?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    Correct. Works great.
    That seems like a pretty good deal. And there's a 7 inch version as well..

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,442
    There's an official 7" version that works really well. I was thrilled that this unofficial version works as well.



    Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    That seems like a pretty good deal. And there's a 7 inch version as well..

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Saint-Siméon, France
    Posts
    66

    Waveshare Alternatives

    I use Waveshare DSI screens, both 4.3" and 5". Extremely easy to use, proper plug'n'play, no configuration required.


    https://www.waveshare.com/product/ra...ch-dsi-lcd.htm

    https://www.waveshare.com/5inch-dsi-lcd.htm

  8. #8
    Do any of these Displays offer the oppotunity to dim / controll the backlight LED?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,442
    For the 5" I mentioned the adjustments in Jivelite work as normal. There are also instructions for boot config changes in the little booklet that comes with if if you're not using Jivelite.

    Howard


    Quote Originally Posted by patrick31698 View Post
    Do any of these Displays offer the oppotunity to dim / controll the backlight LED?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    171

    case?

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    OSOYOO IPS 5” DSI Portable Touch Screen Display Monitor for Raspberry Pi 4 3 2 Model A B

    Worked right out of the box, touch screen and all. Make sure the rotation is set at 0 in Jivelite and note the DSI cable is different from others I have. The connections seemed reversed on one end.

    Howard
    Do you know of a case/stand for this? I see another osoyoo screen (v1.0 the pic shows, vs 1.1 for your link) which includes a case, but I don't see a case separately.

    Tom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •