Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ClassicAMP

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,937

    ClassicAMP

    Hi Folks - I really like the ClassicAMP I manually built so I think that if I find interested others, I will build a unique set of 10 ClassicAMP, hand-made, but with a clean PCB (I will re-reroute the SqueezeAMP).

    Basically, it's replacing the interior with an expanded SqueezeAMP and the display with a 256x54 green OLED. The Cinch output becomes the speakers output, all the rest remains the same except the ethernet that I will try to replace, but success is uncertain. I will add a small internal battery that gives probably 1~2 hour of playback and 1~2 days idle.

    You will obviously need to re-use the existing casing of your SB3, but everything remains untouched, it will be possible to put it back with original electronic later. It's difficult to get a precise idea, but I estimate the cost at USD200~250.

    If you are interested by this unique piece, let me know and if there are 10 people, I'll proceed. I will not do more than 10 and it can be only one per person. Be aware I will take me a few month to get that done.

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1004862
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-01-31 at 01:46.
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  2. #2
    Senior Member chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    2,095
    This is interesting. I don't have a faulty SB3, nor a need for yet another Squeezebox, but I'm tempted to sign up anyway!

    A couple of thoughts:
    1) Are you planning to add a coaxial digital output to SqueezeAMP, or will that particular hole in the back casing be left vacant?
    2) Would it be possible to have an option, either through a jumper or a switch on the PCB or through a software setting, to choose between speaker output and line-level output for the cinch connectors? Are line-level signals available somewhere on the SqueezeAMP PCB already?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,937
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    This is interesting. I don't have a faulty SB3, nor a need for yet another Squeezebox, but I'm tempted to sign up anyway!

    A couple of thoughts:
    1) Are you planning to add a coaxial digital output to SqueezeAMP, or will that particular hole in the back casing be left vacant?
    Yes, I forgot to mention, there will be a coaxial, I think the difference with the optical is very minimum.
    2) Would it be possible to have an option, either through a jumper or a switch on the PCB or through a software setting, to choose between speaker output and line-level output for the cinch connectors? Are line-level signals available somewhere on the SqueezeAMP PCB already?
    My plan was to let line-level output through the 3.5mm jack
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-01-31 at 01:51.
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  4. #4
    Senior Member chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Yes, I forgot to mention, there will be a coaxial, I think the difference with the optical is very minimum.
    I agree - I was just curious whether that hole could be used for something else, e.g. to switch the cinch connectors to line-level

    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    My plan was to let line-level output through the 3.5mm jack
    Ah yes, of course.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    ...

    You will obviously need to re-use the existing casing of your SB3, but everything remains untouched, it will be possible to put it back with original electronic later. It's difficult to get a precise idea, but I estimate the cost at USD200~250.
    ...

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1004862
    Cool!

    Would you take orders from overseas (Euope)? If so how much would that add to your estimates?
    Thanks once again Phillipe!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,937
    Quote Originally Posted by LazySqueeze View Post
    Cool!

    Would you take orders from overseas (Euope)? If so how much would that add to your estimates?
    Thanks once again Phillipe!
    If I ship only the pcb and you install it yourself, probably 15-20$
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    27
    I'm beginning to suspect you only want to promote that Pharcyde tune in any way possible.

    Pack the pipe, pack the pipe
    I'm philippe_44 and I'm hype

    ;)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •