Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

PiCorePlayer LMS not running

I am running PiCore Player v7.0.0 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. I am using only as a LMS and not as a player. It has been working fine for a week and now suddenly will not run, despite restarting LMS and rebooting PiCorePlayer. Not sure it matters, but I am mounting to Synology NAS. I am also still running a second LMS on Synology for the time being. I am in the process of hopefully migrating to the PiCore LMS permanently. The only thing I changed today was the playlist folder path but can't imagine that would bring down the engine.

Any ideas?

Anything useful in the LMS server.log?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Have you previously had a USB disk mounted, under the LMS section, which is no longer present?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Anything useful in the LMS server.log?
    Thanks for the suggestion. Here are the last few lines of the server log. Appears to be a disk I/O error. What do I do now?

[21-01-17 09:12:35.1308] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (121) Error: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: disk I/O error at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 125
    [21-01-17 09:12:35.1313] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (121) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 121)
    frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 46)
    frame 2: Slim::Schema::Storage::dbh (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 283)
    frame 3: Slim::Schema::_connect (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 129)
    frame 4: Slim::Schema::init (/usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 553)
    frame 5: main::init (/usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 676)
    frame 6: main::main (/usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 1211)

[21-01-17 09:12:35.1319] Carp::Clan::__ANON__ (214) Warning: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: disk I/O error at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 125

Have you run out of disk space?

Did you expand the filesystem?
    "Resize file system" from pCP Main page.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Have you run out of disk space?

Did you expand the filesystem?
    "Resize file system" from pCP Main page.
    I re sized to 300MB at the beginning so I don't think that is it. There is plenty of space on the NAS.

That is space where the database is stored, Unless you moved it, the database is on the pCP partition. 300MB is likely no big enough. Extra space is needed during scan and database optimization.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer