Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

What portable players are compatible with LMS?

I run Logitech Media Server on a Raspberry Pi 4 with attached USB music library and Spotify. I'm finding this to be fantastic, and wanting to use it more. I have a Squeezebox classic which inputs into a hifi and a Raspberry Pi with audio Hat into another hifi. I want another player, but something more portable, for round the house. Needing to be plugged in is fine. I want something with decent speakers/bass.
    e.g. Are there any wifi speakers that work with LMS?

Quote Originally Posted by combat_wombat View Post
    I run Logitech Media Server on a Raspberry Pi 4 with attached USB music library and Spotify. I'm finding this to be fantastic, and wanting to use it more. I have a Squeezebox classic which inputs into a hifi and a Raspberry Pi with audio Hat into another hifi. I want another player, but something more portable, for round the house. Needing to be plugged in is fine. I want something with decent speakers/bass.
    do you have an iPhone? I use iPeng control app on my iPhone/iPad and it also has built in playback (for additional small price). So my iPhone and iPad are both "squeezebox" players as well. I use a small JBL Bluetooth portable speaker (either a Charge3 or Charge4). Sounds fantastic. Speaker can play for 15 to 20 hours with no recharging. So sitting on porch or patio, I can both stream from LMS to the speaker via bluetooth, and also fully control LMS from the iPeng on my phone.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by combat_wombat View Post
    Libratone Zipp speakers work great with LMS via the airplay bridge, and these are portable speakers. You could also use SB Player on android to playback on the phone, or to a bluetooth speaker.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

And of course there's the original portable squeezebox device, the Squeezebox RADIO. I use one for portable, battery powered use. These are still available from various sources, relatively cheap.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify