Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by agbagb View Post
    Ah - got it I think!

- In Player Settings>Audio I set one Radio to <Left Only>, the Other to <Right Only>,

- And then in Player Settings>Synchronize I chose those two players to link up.

- And then I just send a music track to either of them from LMS etc, or kick off a music track on the local controls of either of them.

Simples, really! Amazing the stuff in the Squeezie world that I've never bothered to look at closely.....
    If you set one Radio left channel and one right channel you can form a group using the Group Players plugin. You can then set the Radios back to normal stereo for use when not in the group, but the group will be left + right.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    still have room for a red radio though, right? Doesn't take up much space
    >> "it's only *wafer* thin ...."
    << "Oh all right. Just one."
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If you set one Radio left channel and one right channel you can form a group using the Group Players plugin. You can then set the Radios back to normal stereo for use when not in the group, but the group will be left + right.

From my experience Group plugin is not practical as you loose physical controls. I use 2 as stereo pair with just ordinary sync (incl volume and power) but those are permanently like that.. Only downside is alarm clock will only turn off one of them when times out.

btw I still use groups ( this pair is part of some)
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    From my experience Group plugin is not practical as you loose physical controls. I use 2 as stereo pair with just ordinary sync (incl volume and power) but those are permanently like that.. Only downside is alarm clock will only turn off one of them when times out.

btw I still use groups ( this pair is part of some)
    I am not sure what you mean by losing physical controls.

Buttons and knobs on radio.. If you just control from app all is good but if you try to use controls on actual device it all becomes messy.. At least last time I tried. Don't remember exact behavior but it wasn't acceptable.
    Ordinary sync pair with one radio per channel works quite well though
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Buttons and knobs on radio.. If you just control from app all is good but if you try to use controls on actual device it all becomes messy.. At least last time I tried. Don't remember exact behavior but it wasn't acceptable.
    Ordinary sync pair with one radio per channel works quite well though
    I can imagine presets and volume might act a bit strangely.

BTW, to answer my own question above about the headset jack output. When any given Radio is in Stereo mode (ie, playing both channels, equally balanced, but through the one speaker), the headset output maintains the track's full stereo separation. When the Radios are set to Left and Right, then the headset output from either is just its own channel, played though just one earpiece.

I'd never tried the Radios as a stereo pair (though someone had suggested trying it in another thread last year): it's actually quite an impressive little set up, with very decent quality and volume overall. It even seems to get a bit more bass, a little more punchily too.
    LMS 8.0.1 (1606118512)
    Win10
    Control: Web GUI; sometimes OrangeSqueeze on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
    a) Livebox 4
    Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), Desktop
    3 x Touch - 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (7.8.0-r16754)
    3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 LAN] (7.7.3-r16676)
    1 x Riva Arena (via Airplay LMS PlugIn)

b) Freebox
    External SSD (all mp3), WiFi Laptop
    1 x Touch LAN (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
    2 x SB Radios, Wireless (7.7.3-r16676)

stereo with chromecast vi castbridge plugin

I discovered recently that Philippe's castbridge plugin services correctly two identical cast speakers that are setup with the google home app to be a "speaker pair". I found this to produce perfectly synced stereo LMS output using this plugin. The better quality your speakers are, the better your sound will be; i.e., if you play through two paired google mini speakers, it will not be nearly the total sound you get from a google hub or max.