Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Can one of you collect the files and info and the submit them to the pCP documentation project?
    https://docs.picoreplayer.org/publis..._new_document/
    Ok i will do It tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Thank you for your very fast help!
    Now I don't have to use a script from Home Assistant to start squeezelite again when I switch on the Soundsticks with Home Assistant.
    I think it is better handled in piCorePlayer directly.
    Sorry a question: why you have add this string in the script? "sudo /usr/local/sbin/alsactl restore"

Quote Originally Posted by corrobor View Post
    Sorry a question: why you have add this string in the script? "sudo /usr/local/sbin/alsactl restore"
    I have set a higher output level with alsamixer for the Soundsticks because they are too quiet with the normal setting. To restore this value after reconnecting, I use this call. Normally it will only be called at boot time.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    I have set a higher output level with alsamixer for the Soundsticks because they are too quiet with the normal setting. To restore this value after reconnecting, I use this call. Normally it will only be called at boot time.
    Understood

I summarize the solution:
    1)Login into SSH shell. Turn off your dac and then turn on. Digit DMESG and find the string "idVendor" and "idProduct" of your DAC (they are two strings of four characters).
    2)Digit "sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/10-dac.rules" and paste this string: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ACTION=="add", ATTRS{idVendor}=="xxxx", ATTR{idProduct}=="yyyy", RUN+="/home/tc/dac.sh" where xxxx and yyyy are what you found in the previous step.
    3)Digit "sudo nano /home/tc/dac.sh" and past this strings:
    #!/bin/sh
    giar=$(sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite status)
    if [ "$giar" = "Squeezelite not running." ];
    then
    sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite restart
    fi
    4)Digit "sudo chmod 777 /home/tc/dac.sh" to make the script executable.
    5)Digit "sudo nano /opt/.filetool.lst" and add at the end of file this two strings to backup the mod:
    home/tc/dac.sh
    etc/udev/rules.d/10-dac.rules
    6)Digit pcp br to backup and reboot.
    It works

Quote Originally Posted by corrobor View Post
    I summarize the solution:
    1)Login into SSH shell. Turn off your dac and then turn on. Digit DMESG and find the string "idVendor" and "idProduct" of your DAC (they are two strings of four characters).
    2)Digit "sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/10-dac.rules" and paste this string: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ACTION=="add", ATTRS{idVendor}=="xxxx", ATTR{idProduct}=="yyyy", RUN+="/home/tc/dac.sh" where xxxx and yyyy are what you found in the previous step.
    3)Digit "sudo nano /home/tc/dac.sh" and past this strings:
    #!/bin/sh
    giar=$(sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite status)
    if [ "$giar" = "Squeezelite not running." ];
    then
    fi
    4)Digit "sudo chmod 777 /home/tc/dac.sh" to make the script executable.
    5)Digit "sudo nano /opt/.filetool.lst" and add at the end of file this two strings to backup the mod:
    home/tc/dac.sh
    etc/udev/rules.d/10-dac.rules
    6)Digit pcp br to backup and reboot.
    It works
    Apologies in advance, I'd like to try this but as I'm a complete noob to this, but I have questions:

A. After copy/pasting in the text in step #2 and substituting your dac's identifiers, do you type "control o", then "control x", wait for the cursor to return, and then proceed to step #3?

B. I am not clear if these lines, below, are part of what needs to be copy/pasted and saved in step #3, or if those lines are a separate operation that happens after saving the text that comes before these lines?

then
    fi

C. After doing step #3 and copy/pasting the text in, do you type "control o" and then "control x" and then just wait for the cursor to return and proceed to type in the text of step #4?

D. If yes to question C, after typing in the text of step #4 what do you do....hit enter and wait for the cursor to return?

E. Do you type in "control o" and "control x" after adding the two text lines in step 5 and then do/type step #6, or just add the two text lines and then "type pcp br" without typing "control o" or "control x"?

Thanks!
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.2 - 1612773843 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by rgro View Post
    Apologies in advance, I'd like to try this but as I'm a complete noob to this, but I have questions:
    >A. After copy/pasting in the text in step #2 and substituting your dac's identifiers, do you type "control o", then "control x", wait for the cursor to return, and then proceed to step #3?

Yes - you save the file and exit

>B. I am not clear if these lines, below, are part of what needs to be copy/pasted and saved in step #3, or if those lines are a separate operation that happens after saving the text that comes before these lines?

then
    fi

Yes - those lines from the if to the fi (if backwards to denote the end of the if) are all to be included in the file

>C. After doing step #3 and copy/pasting the text in, do you type "control o" and then "control x" and then just wait for the cursor to return and proceed to type in the text of step #4?

Yes

>D. If yes to question C, after typing in the text of step #4 what do you do....hit enter and wait for the cursor to return?

Yes - it will take milliseconds

>E. Do you type in "control o" and "control x" after adding the two text lines in step 5 and then do/type step #6, or just add the two text lines and then "type pcp br" without typing "control o" or "control x"?

"pcp br" (without the quotes) is a command to be typed in directory to the shell prompt. It is not to be saved in a file.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    >A. After copy/pasting in the text in step #2 and substituting your dac's identifiers, do you type "control o", then "control x", wait for the cursor to return, and then proceed to step #3?

Yes - you save the file and exit

>B. I am not clear if these lines, below, are part of what needs to be copy/pasted and saved in step #3, or if those lines are a separate operation that happens after saving the text that comes before these lines?

then
    fi

Yes - those lines from the if to the fi (if backwards to denote the end of the if) are all to be included in the file

>C. After doing step #3 and copy/pasting the text in, do you type "control o" and then "control x" and then just wait for the cursor to return and proceed to type in the text of step #4?

Yes

>D. If yes to question C, after typing in the text of step #4 what do you do....hit enter and wait for the cursor to return?

Yes - it will take milliseconds

>E. Do you type in "control o" and "control x" after adding the two text lines in step 5 and then do/type step #6, or just add the two text lines and then "type pcp br" without typing "control o" or "control x"?

"pcp br" (without the quotes) is a command to be typed in directory to the shell prompt. It is not to be saved in a file.
    Thanks, Paul....very helpful!
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

Cool...it works! I typically leave my RME dac in standby mode and, if an update, etc. necessitated the need for a Squeezelite or Pi restart/reboot, I had to remember to bring the dac up out of standby to fully on prior to the restart/reboot or Squeezelite wouldn't start.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------

Yesterday I encountered a strange problem. when I switch on the Pi with the USB Soundsticks not connected, Squeezelite is not started.
    When I now switch on the Soundsticks, nothing is happening. But when I switch them off and on again, Squeezelite is started without a problem.

So only directly after boot it is not started correctly.

Has anyone an idea why that is happening?
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk