Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Another Spotty question about genres

Since my previous problem with Spotty has been solved, I've been using it a lot more, and am building up a collection of albums.

However, all Spotify albums seem to go into the Genre "Spotify" regardless of what genre they may be.

Is there any way of editing this so that I can move, say, Jazz, albums into Genre 'Jazz', Classical into 'Classical' etc?

That way, it will integrate even better with my local library for things like random play.

On all my local music files, I can change Genres using MP3Tag, but with Spotify there isn't a file I can tag, unless I've missed something.

Thanks for any help.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeauckland View Post
    Since my previous problem with Spotty has been solved, I've been using it a lot more, and am building up a collection of albums.

However, all Spotify albums seem to go into the Genre "Spotify" regardless of what genre they may be.

Is there any way of editing this so that I can move, say, Jazz, albums into Genre 'Jazz', Classical into 'Classical' etc?

That way, it will integrate even better with my local library for things like random play.

On all my local music files, I can change Genres using MP3Tag, but with Spotify there isn't a file I can tag, unless I've missed something.

Thanks for any help.

S.
    You can try genre replacement in the settings for "Online music library integration"

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    You can try genre replacement in the settings for "Online music library integration"

Brilliant! Thanks.

Very easy to do using the 'Advanced' settings as it picks up my own classifications rather than anything generic.

S.

Hmmm, spoke too soon!

I've selected the genres I want for each album in my Spotify album list, I've saved the changes, I've rescanned the data base, and I've even installed an update to LMS that was available, and yet my Spotify albums are still in the Genre 'Spotify' and not where I would like them to be, like Jazz or Classical.

I can't see anything I've missed, so any help would be appreciated.

S

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeauckland View Post
    Hmmm, spoke too soon!

I've selected the genres I want for each album in my Spotify album list, I've saved the changes, I've rescanned the data base, and I've even installed an update to LMS that was available, and yet my Spotify albums are still in the Genre 'Spotify' and not where I would like them to be, like Jazz or Classical.

I can't see anything I've missed, so any help would be appreciated.

S
    Strange, my Bob Dylan Christmas album appears under Christmas.

For some reason LMS don't pickup genres from the Advanced genre replacement. Use the normal settings instead.

Name:  genre.png
Views: 78
Size:  13.9 KB
    SB Touch optical to Hegel H90, Speakers Larsen 4.2
    Spare SB3
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro A10
    Squeezelite-x connected to home LMS with ZeroTier One.
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng