Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Airplay Bridge on Picore

Hi,

Does AirPlay Bridge run on piCore? I have been trying to enable on an 8GB Rasberry PI but getting nowhere. Searching the threads I find lots of references to Shairplay running on PIs but not Airplay Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by JPatten View Post
    Hi,

Does AirPlay Bridge run on piCore? I have been trying to enable on an 8GB Rasberry PI but getting nowhere. Searching the threads I find lots of references to Shairplay running on PIs but not Airplay Bridge.
    As in a piCore running LMS....

Hi,

I do not run LMS on piCorePlayer, so I can't answer your question directly, but I have found references to the Airplay Bridge running on LMS installed on pCP. So the answer is probably yes.

Can you describe what you have done when trying to enable it?
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    I do not run LMS on piCorePlayer, so I can't answer your question directly, but I have found references to the Airplay Bridge running on LMS installed on pCP. So the answer is probably yes.

Can you describe what you have done when trying to enable it?
    I have followed the instructions on the advanced plugin page. I can't seem to get beyond the 'Configuration file missing - create one by clicking "generate" or, if autosave is on, refresh this page' warning

I have enabled the Airbridge as instructed and hit the generate button as well as refreshing the page with Autosave enabled. Trying to connect to a couple of Airplay devices - a Sonos One and an Apple TV.

I have followed the instructions on the advanced plugin page. I can't seem to get beyond the 'Configuration file missing - create one by clicking "generate" or, if autosave is on, refresh this page' warning

I have enabled the Airbridge as instructed and hit the generate button as well as refreshing the page with Autosave enabled. Trying to connect to a couple of Airplay devices - a Sonos One and an Apple TV.
    I'm just guessing here. What do you see beside "Select Binary"? Is there a static build available in the dropdown? If so, try selecting it. Then wait a few minutes to see if your devices appear at the bottom of the page.

If that doesn't help, I suggest posting this in the thread "ANNOUNCE: AirPlay Bridge = integrate AirPlay devices with LMS (squeeze2raop)", which is also in this 3rd Party Software Forum. Mention all the details you've provided here, and also what version of piCorePlayer and what version of LMS you're using. Philippe may be taking a break at the moment, as he's been putting in a lot of intense work on some other LMS-related products, so you may not hear from him immediately. But somebody else, with more knowledge than I have, might be able to help in the interim.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

I'm just guessing here. What do you see beside "Select Binary"? Is there a static build available in the dropdown? If so, try selecting it. Then wait a few minutes to see if your devices appear at the bottom of the page.

If that doesn't help, I suggest posting this in the thread "ANNOUNCE: AirPlay Bridge = integrate AirPlay devices with LMS (squeeze2raop)", which is also in this 3rd Party Software Forum. Mention all the details you've provided here, and also what version of piCorePlayer and what version of LMS you're using. Philippe may be taking a break at the moment, as he's been putting in a lot of intense work on some other LMS-related products, so you may not hear from him immediately. But somebody else, with more knowledge than I have, might be able to help in the interim.
    Thank you - will do. The Binary selected, btw, is the one recommended for a Rasb pi

Thank you - will do. The Binary selected, btw, is the one recommended for a Rasb pi
    My suggestion was unlikely to be the answer, anyway. Incidentally, there was a typo in my previous message. I said that the developer of the bridge, Philippe, had been busy with other LMS-related products, which suggests that this might be something he does for a living. I meant to say LMS-related PROJECTS. He has done a lot of them, but so far as I can tell, strictly on a volunteer basis.

I said that the developer of the bridge, Philippe, had been busy with other LMS-related products, which suggests that this might be something he does for a living. I meant to say LMS-related PROJECTS. He has done a lot of them, but so far as I can tell, strictly on a volunteer basis.
    Thanks. Well aware and appreciative of the great work that Philippe does along with several notable others. They keep the platform alive and relevant. Still the best thing out there in my view.